To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Associate Actuarial Analyst - OptumInsight - Eden Prairie, MN, New York, NY or Basking Ridge, NJ
UnitedHealth Group • New York, NY
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Begin your career at UnitedHealth Group and you’ll get an opportunity to do something extraordinary with your first job out of school: make a real difference. We have modest goals: Help 85 million people live healthier lives. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Brilliant. Compassionate. Driven. You’ll find these people everywhere you turn here. You’ll also find a world of career options fueled by your performance and limited only by imagination. Start here. And start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
- Working directly with our clients to help determine needs and solve complex business problems by performing the following types of activities:
- Conduct research studies that may include collecting, analyzing, trending and presenting data and recommendations to management
- Assist with requirements analysis and verification
- Performing statistical analysis and actuarial modeling for HMO's and insurance companies
- Assisting in analyzing healthcare trend drivers
- Participating in pricing new and emerging healthcare technologies
- Analyzing and creating physician reimbursement contracts
- Reviewing risk-sharing arrangements
- Reviewing medical expense cost projections for customers and creating detailed analysis reports
- Helping to develop unpaid claim reserve estimates for HMO's and insurance companies
- Preparing regulatory compliance documentation
- Assist senior team members with project management duties
- Currently in final year of obtaining a bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field from an accredited college / university or obtained degree within the last 12 months; degree must be obtained prior to start of employment
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Completion of 1 or more actuarial exams
- Intermediate level of proficiency working with Microsoft Excel, including formulas, calculations, pivot tables, charts, graphs, etc.
- SQL / SAS programming experience a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time as part of the OptumInsight Consulting Team
- Basic level of proficiency with MS Word and MS Access
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.