To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Ana, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IT Systems Analyst - Santa Ana, CA or Chicago, IL
UnitedHealth Group • Santa Ana, CA
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Grow your career with an exciting opportunity with Optum, where you will be a part of creating software solutions that help to change lives - millions of lives. As an IT Systems Analyst at Optum, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a focused team dedicated to helping to make the health care system work better for everyone. Here, you'll partner with some of the smartest people you've ever worked with to design solutions to meet a wide range of health consumer needs. And we need world-class Systems Analysts, like you, to help us build our next generation customer experience.
UnitedHealth Group, OptumRx specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, integrated services to promote optimal member outcomes, superior savings and outstanding customer service.
As part of our elite team, you will play a pivotal role in the system development cycle and consult with end users to evaluate business requirements into design specifications. You will work with all levels of the business, ensuring IT deliverables align with business requirements, with measurable results. There's never been a more exciting time to work in health care where performance and innovation can fuel your life's best work.(sm)
- Evaluate business requirements and prepare the detailed functional and technical specifications that follow project guidelines
- Work closely with Developers and Quality Assurance Analysts to ensure requirements and design are completely understood
- Communicate design to all stakeholders and varying levels of the organization
- Act as the liaison between Business and Systems Analysts, Developers and project management groups
- Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution
- Work closely with business teams to strategize solutions that support long term business objectives
- Ensure IT deliverables align with business requirements with measurable results
- Collaborate with QA team to ensure testing efforts align with system deliveries and business processes
- Lead and mentor other Systems Analysts
- As part of the OptumRx Technology team this role will play a significant part in leading the Pharmacy Dispensing software
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in Systems Analysis or IT Development
- 5+ years of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) System Development Life Cycle
- 5+ years of experience translating business requirements into a detailed system specification
- 5+ years of experience mapping data from web services or database to user interface
- 5+ years of Relational Database experience
- Proficiency with MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree
- UnitedHealth Group / Optum work experience
- Healthcare industry experience
- Experience working with test plans and test cases
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Experience working in an Agile environment or familiarity with Agile methodology
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, OptumRx, Information Systems, Healthcare, Santa Ana, CA or Chicago, IL