To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Order Processing Rep II
UPS Professional • Kansas City, MO
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
UPS Supply Chain Solutions is currently seeking an Order Processing Representative II. The Order Processing Rep II two or more years customer service experience in a fast-paced ocean freight facility environment. Other responsibilities may involve communication throughout the day by various means with the customer and UPS origins, Traffic and Sales groups. Also responsible for providing problem resolution, ocean freight rate analysis and track/trace information to the customer. The candidate will have strong analytical, oral/written communication, customer service, and time management skills.
The Ocean Order Processing Representative II may be responsible for:
- Process international transportation orders and quotes time in transit for services.
- Communicate with internal/external customers on a daily basis via phone, fax, and e-mail.
- Analyzing data and responding to customer communications timely.
- Processing international shipments; ensuring specific customer requirements are followed.
- Following up on requests, reviewing rates as needed, tracking and routing shipments and orders, preparing reports, customer set ups, updating customer files and profiles.
- Work with customers, suppliers, and various shippers to route, pick-up and/or trace shipments as necessary.
- Resolving problems and maintaining an ongoing professional relationship with the customer and vendors.
- Obtain proofs of delivery and charges from international agents.
- Maintaining quality standards established by UPS Supply Chain Solutions, our customers and vendors.
- Escalating problems and concerns beyond the ability of the OPR to an immediate supervisor or manager.
- Effectively communicating with customers and their suppliers as necessary.
- All other task as assigned by supervisor and or manager.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
- HS Diploma or equivalent in related experience.
- Two or more years customer service experience in a fast-paced ocean freight facility environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision with a high attention to detail
- Strong analytical, oral/written communication, customer service, and time management skills
- Experience in transportation, logistics, and freight forwarding working with Ocean processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Typing skills 35-40 wpm highly desirable.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity