To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Account Representative
Empire - Today • Chicago, IL
Posted 2 days ago
Commercial Account Representative - $50,000 to $80,000 (full-time) Annually, plus Car and Cellular Phone Allowances.
Candidates with an existing CSLB can be fast tracked!
About EMPIRE TODAY®
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
At Empire Today, our Commercial Sales & Operations team, also referred to as “For My Business”, handles the B2B sales and installation of commercial flooring products to businesses including small offices, property managers, education / government, large business chains, hospitality, healthcare, and restoration companies.
The Commercial Account Representative (CAR) contacts potential customers through both inbound leads and self-generation activity to develop flooring sales opportunities in commercial settings such as (but not limited to) residential and commercial property management, building owners, hotels, restaurants, and office buildings. The CAR works with customers to determine the correct flooring products and applications for specific projects. The CAR continually prospects for viable new opportunities while developing a key awareness of what is happening within the market’s geographic area. This position reports to the Commercial Market Manager.
- Consistently demonstrates leadership traits consistent with the Empire Way
- Proactively takes action to drive increased sales performance in order to achieve commercial flooring sales objectives.
- Contacts and cultivates relationships with local representatives of National Accounts in various industries to drive flooring sales.
- Possesses commercial flooring product knowledge in order to be able to sell the best product to the customer and answer their questions.
- Conducts research through avenues such as the web, periodicals, and networking to determine prospective clients
- Attends networking events to cultivate and develop relationships.
- Works with potential customers to layout, design, & coordinate flooring selections
- Maximizes existing Empire relationships locally.
- Ensures 100% of sales activity is recorded in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Utilizes the PQ software per Empire Today corporate requirements
- Provides regular & relevant reporting to local and regional sales management on field activities
- Completes all Empire sales and product training per Company guidelines
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
- HS Diploma/GED, Bachelor’s degree in Sales/Marketing or general business is preferred
- 3-5 years experience in sales with a focus on commercial flooring sales preferred
- Candidates with an existing CSLB can be fast tracked
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance required.
- Knowledge of various flooring products such as carpeting, hardwood, laminate, etc.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with various levels of management
- Computer skills including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Flexibility in a rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter as well as a work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and delegate
- Ability to adapt quickly and create interim solutions until permanent tool/process are in place
- Strong commitment to quality service
- Highly motivated with a sense of urgency
- Quick online enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan with a dollar for dollar match up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family’s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance – Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program – A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Empire Perks – An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Discount Program
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies’ worldwide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.