To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director, Americas Communications (Northeast and Midwest U.S. and Canada)
Hilton Corporate • New York, NY
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Director of Americas Communications (Northeast and Midwest region of the U.S. and Canada) will be responsible for working across Corporate and Hotel-level communications to protect and enhance Hilton's reputation across the region. The Director will work closely with the Americas Operations team to share the Hilton story across internal, earned, and owned channels. Working closely with others on the Americas Communications team, this leader will help to coordinate a network of communicators to ensure alignment between the hotels and corporate, to elevate our storytelling across the region.
What will I be doing?
The Director of Americas Communications will drive Hilton's Communications strategy in the Northeast and Midwest regions of the U.S and Canada to promote and protect the company's reputation, working closely with others on the Americas Communications team, as well as with corporate, brand and other regional Team Members.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Assist in creating, enhancing and deploying a network of communicators based in Hilton-managed hotels
- Once established, this Director will serve as the main point of contact for all hotel-level communications in the pertinent region, helping to ensure their messaging aligns with Hilton's broader enterprise strategy
- Responsible for strategically managing top tier, national and broadcast media including NY tabloid media
- Orchestrate strategic regional communications initiatives (e.g. FAM trips for journalists)
- Creatively and strategically promote Hilton across relevant social media channels and partner with hotels on social media activity as appropriate
- Manage crises and issues at both the hotel and regional level
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders inside and outside of the company, including with influential business, political and social media contacts
- Serve as a trusted adviser to senior Hilton executives and internal business partners
- Will be required to travel across the region and to our Global Headquarters in McLean, VA monthly to ensure strong connections with the broader Americas and Corporate Communications team
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Ability to manage change, resolve conflicts and ensure collaboration within teams and/or units; includes maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of ten (10) years of Communications experience, preferably within a large global organization and/or a top-tier communications agency
- A minimum of two (2) years of management or supervisory experience
- Deep knowledge of the NYC media landscape including tabloid media
- Extensive social media experience and ability to demonstrate social media results to date
- Experience creating, implementing and measuring corporate communications strategies
- Experience advising senior executives and overseeing a company response to sensitive corporate topics, including crisis and issue management
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and written communication skills
- Ability to be available/accessible during non-traditional hours if needed
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Hospitality industry experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!