To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alpharetta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Solutions Inventory Supervisor- Flex Location
UPS • Alpharetta, GA
Posted 12 days ago
The Solutions Design and Implementation (SOLDI) Inventory Supervisor works within the Supply Chain Optimization practice area as a Supply Chain Consultant and interacts heavily with both customer-facing resources and customers. He/She develops and implements solutions related to a customer’s supply chain including multi-echelon inventory, both domestically and internationally, to develop recommendations to support customers’ strategic decisions. This position creates and provides customized supply chain solutions for UPS customers and generates consulting revenues. The Inventory Supervisor strengthens customer relationships by enabling UPS to be a single source provider of transportation and supply chain related needs and consulting. He/She manages inventory optimization projects for all industry segments, provides subject matter expertise, and coaches team members and customer-facing counterparts. This position develops project strategy with other Supply Chain Optimization practice area resources to ensure that solutions provide maximum benefit to customers.
The Inventory Supervisor interviews and observes customers and gathers and analyzes customer data to determine true needs and specifics for providing the best customer solutions. He/She presents solutions to customers outlining final deliverables, cost justification, and added value to quantify and justify recommended solutions. This position provides follow-up support for deployed solutions and troubleshoots and solves problems to ensure solutions are maintained and continue to operate effectively. He/She manages project lifecycles, including project scope, resources, schedule, initiation, start-up/design, building, and deployment to see projects from beginning-to-end. This position assists in developing sales strategies to provide customer solutions subject matter expertise and to help grow the business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists in the development of project proposals to help articulate customer needs and solution requirements and to sell the value of Customer Solutions
- Reviews Resource Engagement Documents (i.e., details of customer requirements) to create work orders outlining solutions to be developed, associated tasks to be performed and deliverables to be provided which are to be signed-off by customers
- Develops project plans (i.e., detailed plan, milestones, and work breakdown structures) and assigns tasks to resources to ensure that the project will be completed on time and according to specifications
- Forwards project documents to stakeholders to obtain sign-off and agreement on costs and resources
- Reports on project status, field resource activity, and training initiatives to keep stakeholders informed of progress and developments
- Researches and evaluates industry trends and best practices to enhance UPS's ability to meet and exceed customer expectations and provide leading edge solutions
- Provides support in the development of training materials for related groups (e.g., Sales, other Business Development groups, etc.) and new Customer Solutions team members to provide clear instruction on the steps involved in developing and implementing customer solutions
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates familiarity with the core service offerings across business units and deep familiarity with product, service, and customer facing technology offerings of at least one business unit; demonstrates knowledge of competitors' offerings and the features of their products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; describes types of customers that would benefit from selected offerings; compares and contrasts UPS's and competitor's products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; able to compare and contrast the customer's experience of engaging with UPS and primary competitors across all touch-points; summarizes positive and negative gaps; develops plans to leverage advantages and correct disadvantages
- Identifies current and future needs of the customer or business; understands how business needs dictate the project’s requirements, project direction, business objectives, and resource allocation; makes recommendations on the solutions-design phase of the project
- Considers industry and financial trends when making account decisions; understands critical aspects of business models and operating structures to provide input into decisions
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of a business problem; recommends a solution to solve the business problem
- Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of supply chain concepts; makes recommendations for changes to solve supply chain problems
- Uses the appropriate style, level of detail, grammar, and organization of thought in technical writing; drafts standard specialized or technical documents using templates and job aids; considers the end-user’s perspective when creating technical documents
- Methodical approach to figures and reporting
- Solid understanding of inventory related best practice
- Coordinating inventory related projects
- Knowledge of demand and supply planning
- Excellent numerical and logical analytics skills
- Experience with project management
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Business, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Logistics/Supply Chain Management or related discipline - Preferred
- Consulting experience in the Supply Chain industry - Preferred
- Professional certification in Inventory Management or similar certification - Preferred
- Solid data analysis skills using Excel, Access, SQL server and/or similar data tools - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law