To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Franklin Energy
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Energy Advisor I
Franklin Energy • Chicago, IL
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
This Energy Advisor I is primarily responsible for providing our services directly to homeowners, landlords, building owners and other utility customers. You will provide expert advice and coordination for our programs while recommending specific modifications to electric and/or gas systems; you will also convince prospective clients of the improved efficiency that our services will bring. This role combines field work with office time (typically 3 field days to 2 office days per week). responsible for providing business customers with energy efficiency education and information about available incentives and services with other programs. This position is also responsible for screening customers for energy audit eligibility. Energy Advisor will perform energy audits or coordinate the energy audit for customers who pass the screening. The Energy Advisor is responsible for ensuring complete customer satisfaction regarding energy efficiency inquiries. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Work with program manager to develop customer outreach campaigns
- Make follow-up calls to customers who have requested additional energy efficiency information
- Coordinate with Energy Advisors and Engineers to perform energy audits and reports
- Sell the virtues of participating in the programs and by committing to a project
- Assist in trade shows, conferences and other events requiring representation of the program. May include presentations to an audience.
- Promote the energy efficiency program to customers and trade allies within your assigned territory
- Understand and implement the company's Sales Process, including but not limited to;
- Making outbound calls to new and existing customers to meet assigned energy saving targets
- Managing field time effectively with customer or Trade Ally visits
- Developing and presenting program presentations to spur project activity
- Responding to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects towards completion
- Work with building owners and property managers to provide energy efficiency advice and assistance in participating in energy efficiency programs
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program's strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers
- Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency and provide follow-up to customers as required
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment-i.e., lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, building and pipe insulation, and air sealing
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects which may also include collaborating with Energy Engineers as required
- Maintain professional appearance appropriate for a representative of our organization and the utility
- Build quick rapport with customers. Quickly initiate conversations with customers on site regarding energy usage at the facility
- When required, provide written summary reports directly to the customer, and summary reports to the client/Program Manager
- Be able to work in a team atmosphere, and willing to collaborate on continuous improvement of operations year after year
- Assist Program Manager in the training of new team members
- Lead presentations promoting energy efficiency programs for targeted groups
- All other duties as assigned
- Assist in establishing and then managing collaboration and coordination among mechanical, insulation, air sealing, weatherization, remodeling contractors
- Collaborate with home performance contractors and consultants to provide residential energy audit programs to utility customers
- Coordinate, schedule and manage implementation contractors performing HVAC, air sealing and building shell improvements for each project
- Perform post audit diagnostics, measurement and verification
- May perform direct installation of low flow showerheads, faucet aerators and compact fluorescent lamps and other direct install measures in qualified residential projects as needed
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience. Technical school degree combined with demonstrated experience in the electric/gas utility field will be considered. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- 1-2 years of experience in the electric or natural gas utility industry, facilities management, HVAC design or sales, commercial and industrial lighting, or conservation and energy management
- Previous energy efficiency and/or energy modeling experience - Preferred
- Previous customer service, sales, or marketing experience
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be self-motivated, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Must be flexible to handle a wide work variety and work at a fast pace
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver's license
- Willingness to travel less than 50% of the time, occasional overnight
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer