To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Staten Island, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Home Depot Product Assembler Part Time
Advantage Solutions • Staten Island, NY
Posted 16 days ago
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Assembler is contracted to assemble BBQ grills, wheelbarrows, and various products as requested in Home Depot stores.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assembly: Maintain client objectives by ensuring all authorized client items are assembled to specifications.
- Sales: Increase sales volume through gaining incremental assembly work.
- Administration/Reporting/Communication: Ensure store call information is accurate and provided daily for proper piece rate payment. Provide timely feedback and suggested solutions on Market issues to your direct report.
- Call Coverage: Maintain store coverage as assigned by your direct report.
- Safety: must have the ability to perform the job safely by demonstrating full awareness of his/her surroundings. Will utilize proper safety techniques and equipment use when necessary. Will be proactive in alerting Management of any unsafe act or condition to prevent injuries.
- Customer Relations: Gain working knowledge of customer relations by working with customers and store personnel. Build rapport with customers. Promote Advantage Solutions Home Center/Hardware division, as the premiere agency in the industry. Must have the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally with all customers. Must be prepared to field questions and proactively develop plans of action in regards to resolving issues.
- Store Conditions: Achieve client goals and objectives by effectively managing assembly quantities within your assigned stores and executing all responsibilities.
- Clients/Brands Represented: Know the clients and products the company represents.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
- Travel up to varies based on territory
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- Prior assembly experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and driven to succeed
- Must be mechanically inclined and adept with basic hand tools
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Reps Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions. Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: 'To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services.'
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.