To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Albuquerque, NM
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Agent Manager, Medicare - New Mexico
UnitedHealth Group • Albuquerque, NM
Posted 13 days ago
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The purpose of this job is to supervise licensed Insurance Agents who sell the UnitedHealth Group (UnitedHealth Group) portfolio of products offered to Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries and individuals. The Agent Manager is responsible for achieving assigned sales / membership growth targets in his / her territory / territories. Sales targets are achieved by building and managing agents within two sales channels 1). Independent Career Agents (ICA) who are not employees of UnitedHealth Group but rather independent sales agents who contract exclusively with UnitedHealth Group to sell this portfolio of products and 2.) External Distribution Channel (EDC) who are not employees of UnitedHealth Group but rather independent sales agents who can sell Medicare products from all carriers
- Continually build and nurture the ICA team
- Partner with the ICA Recruiting Manager to source and select candidates for ICA positions to ensure a continual pipeline and sufficient base of staff to meet assigned sales / membership growth targets
- Provide a structured on-boarding process, leveraging corporate contracting, certification and training processes, tools and systems
- Organize ICA activities, leads and territories to ensure effective and efficient coordination across the territory
- Act as a liaison between ICA's and UnitedHealth Group sales process owners to ensure ICA's are appropriately set up and supported across their lifecycle. This includes, contracting, licensing / appointment, certification, training, enrollment administration, commission payment, agent servicing, etc.
- Manage day-to-day time and activities of assigned ICA's to ensure appropriate leading indicators of success and corresponding sales results
- Collaborate with key agents and agencies within the EDC channel and provide them with necessary communication, training, and sales support
- Assist with EDC recruitment, helping to build strong partnerships
- Organize involvement in formal and on-the-job training to ensure an accurate understanding of our products, compliance / policy requirements, sales processes, brand and value proposition messages and sales systems
- Coach and manage performance
- Coach / Develop staff to achieve quantitative and qualitative performance targets
- Use data and insights to coach for optimal performance
- Monitor sales results, trends and key performance indicators (KPI's) and hold representatives accountable for achieving targets
- Conduct ride-along to observe sales techniques and ensure alignment with expectations and compliance with CMS regulations
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings to review sales results/activities and provide feedback / coaching on opportunities for improvement
- Achieve assigned sales targets: Achieve assigned sales / membership growth targets through in his / her territory(ies), with a minimum of 65% of sales derived via community based leads and referrals
- Partner with the internal and external individuals/organizations to identify and develop relationships that influence the buying behavior of our target consumer (e.g.; Providers, Regulators, Faith Based Organizations, and Associations)
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each organization and how it impacts the marketplace
- Facilitate engagement of all sales agents in executing these plans and ensure that they appropriately build and advance our brand and value proposition and represent our product portfolio and service offerings
- Ensure Compliance: Ensure agents adhere to sales and marketing guidelines associated with Medicare regulations, partner expectations (e.g.; AARP) and company policies and procedures
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years of Medicare/Medicaid sales experience
- Must have a current/valid insurance license for the state
- Experience conducting presentations or trainings
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Experience being an activist/being involved in the community (outreach programs, community events)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Agent Manager, Broker Manager, Insurance Sales Manager, Medicare Sales Manager, Albuquerque, NM, New Mexico