To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Planning and Forecast Analyst
UPS • Atlanta, GA
Posted 8 days ago
This Business Planning and Forecasting Analyst develops volume and revenue plans and forecasts for UPS products and services across all international countries. This person prepares mathematical models that combine historical data and economic conditions to create forecasts for senior management, aiding in the development of a corporate strategy. This position also provides input into the Corporate Business Planning process and work with international financial team and each region business planning team very closely to ensure all forecasts with accuracy through balancing field dynamics with top down guidance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyzes data in the General Ledger (OBI) and Data Warehouse (DWH)
- Utilizes forecasting techniques (e.g. econometric or statistical modeling) to produce logical and appropriate forecasts given certain variables (e.g., economic conditions, pricing, holiday impacts, big churns or gainers, local initiatives etc.)
- Conducts logic checks and analysis, as needed, to ensure proposed changes have the intended effect on UPS volume and revenue
- Modifies the planning process, tools, programs, and business rules as needed to increase efficiency and accommodate changes (e.g., due dates for key steps on Annual BP Schedule, builds template for region BP teams, etc.)
- Updates tools and programs to incorporate changes into the planning process
- Audits and tests new processes to verify they operate successfully
- Creates business rules, impact thresholds, and templates to collect field impacts (i.e., one time only increase or decrease in volume and revenue) to the business plan
- Reviews impacts by month, year, product, and segment to build an adjusted history
- Processes impact data to create an adjusted history to develop models that produce and analyze forecasts
- Prepares presentations and communicates the forecast and planning assumptions and shifts in product trends to field and senior management for review
Knowledge and Skills
- 1-3 year’s working experience - Preferred
- Experience on data mining and modeling - Preferred
- Basic knowledge on logistics industry as required
- Should be very familiar to basic Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, or related discipline – Preferred
- Master’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, or related discipline – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law