To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Installer, CNC Machine Access 6:00am-5:00pm, Mon-Thu
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Atlanta, GA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loads, unloads, moves product by hand.
- Loads, unloads, moves skidded product.
- Operates basic warehouse vehicles (i.e., forklift and/or walkie).
- Utilizes telephone to process information with internal/external contacts.
- Handles and uses cleaning materials including products with chemicals.
- Installs digital read out kits, power feeds, motors, and coolant systems on milling machines, lathes, band saws, grinders, and drill presses to include modifications as needed.
- Mounts CNC (computer numerical control) motion control systems onto machinery. Installs servo motors and power feeds, runs wires and installs hardware to equipment.
- Troubleshoots CNC computer systems, motion controls, drives and servo motor systems.
- Utilizes an application of metrology equipment, linear displacement correction, and computerized laser and ballbar measurement equipment used to check the accuracy of table movement on CNC equipment.
- Retrieves information utilizing the AS/400 computer system.
- Generates and presents all available options to the customer in order to resolve service issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- In order to meet customer service requirements, associates can be temporarily reassigned to other warehouse functions.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or the equivalent required.
- Prior experience in a machine shop environment and a minimum of three years of machining/technical experience required.
Demonstrated Skills In:
- Operating milling machines, lathes, band saws, grinders, drill presses, and various wood working products required.
- Use of measuring tools required.
- Disassembling and assembling machinery required.
- Solid customer service/telephone skills required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills required.
- Understanding of customer machinery environments required.
- Knowledge of internal machinery components required.
- Understanding of exploded drawings required.
- Proficient in reading and comprehending electrical schematics and diagrams required.
- Must obtain MSC license to drive warehouse vehicles within specified time requirements.
- Bending to lift items from the floor and racks required.
- Lifting items up to 75 pounds required.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.