To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elgin, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Production Supervisor (2nd Shift) - Elgin, IL
Hubbell Inc • Elgin, IL
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Production Supervisor will be a hands on individual with responsibility for developing people, product and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively work towards making the shift a strong performing team.
- Coach, lead, and develop hourly associates.
- Help to build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
- Supervise and develop direct supporting staff.
- Communicate with other departmental managers to understand all necessary aspect of operational development.
- Conduct performance reviews and disciplinary action (when needed) following company policy.
- Recommend changes to manufacturing processes and tooling
- Coordinate and maintain inventory transactions following acceptable company policies.
- Maintain acceptable safety, quality and productivity levels throughout the facility.
- Provide leadership to support manufacturing initiatives and company core values.
Skills and Experience
• 3 to 5 years production supervisory experience with exposure to metal forming, machining, tool making and/or equivalent disciplines.
• Must understand hour by hour tool or comparable hourly metric.
• Must have standard work knowledge and experience.
• Must have a solid understanding and demonstrated implementation of Lean Principles: Identification of Waste and its subsequent elimination, Pull Systems, KanBan and Replenishment Systems, TPM, 5S/Workplace Organization, Visual Management, SMED, Standard Work, Flow Concepts and Level Load scheduling.
• Proven track record of implementing and sustaining change in a manufacturing/machining environment.
• Exceptional communication skills.
High School Diploma
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.