To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milwaukee, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Windows Systems Engineer
DentaQuest • Milwaukee, WI
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
DentaQuest seeks a Senior Windows Systems Engineer with experience in implementing and administering windows in a virtualized environment to support our growing Infrastructure Services team.
Under the direction of the Director of Technical Services and Engineering, the successful candidate:
- Manage production and pre-production technology systems in a hybrid cloud/datacenter environment
- Automate building systems and deploying applications.
- Create additional automation by scripting repetitive tasks
- Manage and support Active Directory (Directory Services, DFS, DNS, GPO)
- Coordinate with the Platform Engineering team to develop integrated work flows for our Server Administration team.
- Participate in strategic projects
- Monitor productions systems, respond to and troubleshoot incidents
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree or Relevant hands-on experience
- Ability to collaborate with resources across multiple disciplines
- Ability to design and document complex workflows
- Strong proficiency in managing DNS, DFS, SMTP, clustering
- Experience scripting in Powershell, Python, Perl or other languages
- Strong proficiency in VMware VSphere and cloud management technologies
- Well-rounded knowledge of networking (LAN, WAN, VMPLS, VLAN, Routing, Firewalls, etc.)
- Well-rounded knowledge of storage solutions (Vmax, VNX, Data Domain, Nimble)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, flexibility in concepts and action, able to handle aggressive mission critical deadlines
- Looks for any areas of improvement and suggests changes, rather than waiting for direction
- Excellent team player - proven ability to resolve problems professionally and systematically
- Other duties as assigned
- Experienced systems engineer who has 7+ years of system administration experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 operating systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and O365 Administration
- Expert-level knowledge of Active Directory, including Group Policy creation and management
- Experience in server and desktop virtualization platforms such as VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix XenApp Server and XenDesktop preferred.
- Experience with automated monitoring systems and technologies, with practical knowledge of MS SCOM, and SCCM, and automated patching procedures
- Experience working with outsourced vendors is preferred