To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lanham, MD 20706
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Unarmed Security Officer
SOS Security • Lanham, MD
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
OUR CONCERN IS YOUR SECURITY
SOS Security has immediate job opening for Unarmed Security Officers in Lanham, MD.
Pay Rate $12.00
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- MD Security guard certification card
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military.
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
We offer Benefits for Full Time permanent employees!!
Benefits are available for Full Time employees:
- Leave: Paid holidays, Vacation/paid time off, Medical (Must work 30 hours minimum per week)
- Retirement: 401K
- Insurance: Medical, Dental, Life, Vision
*SOS Security will supply Uniforms*
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group.
SOS Security is Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, with regional and branch offices throughout the United States; SOS Security has become the benchmark for quality and professionalism in the field of security since our founding in 1969. We offer a broad range of services, including: Armed and Unarmed Security; Management & Consulting; Investigations; and Executive Protection.
Secure your future today by joining the SOS Security team Experienced security professionals looking to apply their knowledge in a rewarding team environment truly find a home at SOS. You will become an integral part of the relationship between our firm and our clients.