To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Des Moines, IA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Protective Security Officer- Unarmed- Downtown Des Moines
Securitas USA • Des Moines, IA
Posted 21 days ago
Securitas USA is the leading global provider of security solutions with many employment opportunities across the country. Securitas offers our employees opportunities for training, development and advancement as well as the stability and confidence of working for a reputable company. Working together, we combine our expertise in security and passion of service to truly make a difference.
Duties and responsibilities of a Protective Security Officer - Unarmed:
- Responsible for safeguarding life and property.
- Perform duties requiring moderate to arduous physical exertion involving standing for prolonged periods, walking and running, climbing stairs or ladders.
- Physically withstanding exposure to unusual or inclement weather conditions and able to perform assigned duties for any tour of duty consistent with security requirements.
- Complete preliminary investigations and supplemental reports of thefts, missing property, crimes against persons, etc…
- Provide personal escort duties as required.
- Provide access control per post orders
- Conduct Visitor processing per post orders
- Conduct screening per post orders
- Conduct patrols per post orders
- Operate Command Center per post orders
- Perform traffic control per post orders
- Monitor and Operate facility fire alarms, environmental and intrusion detection systems, CCTV, automated access control systems, package and personnel screening systems, communications systems and other devices or facility equipment per post orders
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Qualifications to become a Protective Security Officer:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be Honorably discharged/currently serving in the U.S. military (Armed Forces, Reserves or National Guard), Law enforcement or Security experience
- Must possess a valid Social Security Card
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Possess good written communication skills.
- Capable of verbal communication adequate for clearly understandable radio transmissions.
- Demonstrated good customer relations and interaction skills.
- Must be able to operate and work in multi-task environment.
- Successfully complete an interview structured to evaluate their general knowledge and abilities to perform patrol officer security tasks to include decision-making ability.
- Ability to contribute and participate in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be of sound mind and moral character, with no felony convictions or convictions for misdemeanors involving moral turpitude, domestic violence or work place violence.
- Pass a thorough background investigation
- Meet medical and physical requirements of the contract. Pass drug screening.
- Must speak fluent English, read and comprehend written English, and compose coherent written reports in English.
- Qualified Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.