To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant General Manager
JLL • Chicago, IL
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) functions in conjunction with and in the short-term absence of the General Manager (GM) as the professional-in-charge of the specific asset(s) under management. The AGM is responsible for all aspects of client and tenant satisfaction. Of specific importance is working with the Property Manager (PM) or GM in achieving stated financial results (NOI and cash flow) and operating objectives (leasing, capital improvements, system enhancements, tenant satisfaction, operating expense control, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the management, supervision, and professional development of the Property Administrator and ensuring 100% compliance with Jones Lang LaSalle IPMP process.
- Represent JLL in the local and regional business and real estate community in order to promote JLL’s reputation and capabilities to prospective tenants and clients.
- Assists with the preparation and review of the annual jurisdictional forms and filings as required. (i.e. Income & Expense, Real Estate Tax payments, Property Tax fillings, Baseball tax, etc)
- Supports the Leasing Specialist in the preparation of lease and/or rental agreements and is responsible for lease administration process.
- Reviews and approves purchases of supplies and equipment in accordance with client budgets and established parameters.
- Prepares annual submissions for review by the GM for the JLL Property Awards Program and industry awards (e.g., BOMA TOBY award.)
- Responsible for compliance with development, revision and implementation of property manuals and on-line systems.
- Works with Client Accounting Services (CAS) to manage the accounting process fully and directs on-site bookkeeping functions and collection process. Oversees the development and revision of written accounting procedures for the office.
- Prepares and reviews financial documents pertaining to all building operations. These include but are not limited to: tenant billing processes, occupancy rates, dates of lease expirations, financial reporting for client monthly and ensures quarterly and annual compliance with financial documents. Report to General Manager any variances, concerns and projections needed to sustain building operations.
- Inspects facilities and equipment to determine extent of service and equipment required. Recommends, justifies, develops and coordinates projects that enhance the value of the office buildings.
- Works with Building Engineer/Chief Engineer to assign employees to duties pursuant to client and JLL guidelines.
- Arranges for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of facilities as specified in the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement.
- Draft contracts within 24-48 hours, conduct follow-up with vendor for return of contract in a timely manner. Pulling together mandated contract package documents for review and signature by GM. Forward and track as needed for communication and compliance.
- Competitively bids and prepares all service contracts to assure high quality and cost effective services. Assembles and analyzes contract bids, and submits bids, recommendations and standard form contract agreement to Vice President for execution.
- Work with Operating Engineer/Chief Engineer to ensure that emergency evacuation procedures are in place and life safety systems are operating effectively and that 4-Sight is kept updated on a regular basis.
- Assists Chief Engineer in meeting the assigned criteria within the Compliance Excellence Program and Engineering Audit with the assistance of the Property Administrator. Assures compliance with JLL policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Maintains role as primary/secondary contact for tenants relative to tenant service requests. Proactively meets with tenant representatives on scheduled basis. Communicates regularly with the Property Administrator, providing necessary support and information to this primary tenant contact.
- Prepares and/or reviews periodic inventory of building contents and property condition, and forwards listing to client for review.
- Overseas, communication and management the tenant move-in/move-out process to minimize disruption to established tenants.
- Employs or contracts for onsite management and engineering personnel, as delineated within the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement. Submits hiring recommendations to General Manager for approval.
- Manages the development, of the Property Administrator and the Quality Tenant Service ("QTS") program. In addition, oversees the implementation of the QTS program at assigned buildings.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree. A degree in either finance, accounting or master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of commercial property management experience including budget preparation/financial reporting, familiarity with building systems, lease negotiation, documentation and administration.
- Must be able to obtain the required real estate license within your jurisdiction within the first six months of employment.
Highly Desirable Attributes
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents, claims of lien, etc.), general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior level management, clients, tenants, vendors, peers and the general public.
- Ability to define and resolve complex issues and resolve with practical concrete business minded solutions
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite, and any other software program or piece of technology identified as standard for Jones Lang LaSalle or requested by the Client.
- Capable of managing construction projects such as tenant improvements, restroom renovations and major repair and maintenance projects, etc.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the third quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of September 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $59.0 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit ir.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
• A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
• A “best company to work for” in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
• World’s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
• America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
• #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm’s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm’s information technology are expected to follow the firm’s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL’s commitment to equal opportunity.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]