To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Retail Merchandiser- Central Region
Globalstar • Houston, TX
Posted 9 days ago
SPOT is hiring a Retail Sales Merchandiser for the South/Central Region.
SPOT, a satellite communication and tracking device, is seeking a highly motivated individual looking for an exciting career challenge to serve as a Retail Sales Merchandiser (RSM) serving the South-Central region. This is an ideal fit for a current retail store Lead, Assistant Manager or Manager looking to make a change out of the day to day grind of retail with a passion for outdoor adventure.
As a SPOT RSM you will travel your region to Merchandise, Train, and Motivate retail stores in an effort to increase SPOT awareness and sell SPOT devices at our channel partners such as Dick's Sporting Goods, Academy Sports, REI, Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's and many other mass and specialty retailers in numerous verticals within the region.
You will provide extensive retail in-store training and support; conduct POP placement and merchandising; represent the company at trade shows and other retail events as needed; as well as scout and qualify possible new retail partners and marketing opportunities as they arise.
This position is best fit for a road warrior who will travel 50-75% of the time -or more- within their designated territory and wherever approved tradeshows may be. The RSM role requires excellent organizational and time management skills with an entrepreneurial get-it-done attitude to ensure departmental deadlines are met and objectives are achieved. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will be called upon to manage multiple tasks and/or projects, so you must have the ability to effectively plan, manage your time and prioritize.
The current territory for the South-Central Territory consists of Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas. However, a re-alignment of the territory may occur based upon business requirements. Preferred candidates will be based in Texas, however candidates from other states within the region may be considered based upon experience.
Major Job duties are, but not limited to, the following:
- Train retail associates about SPOT products; Set schedule for training and store visits in designated territory; training visits will require extensive travel to customer sites.
- Maintain detailed records of events, detailing what occurred and successes and opportunities and present at a minimum on a weekly basis to the National Sales Manager.
- Recommend and support monthly/quarterly/annual marketing campaigns and communicate new opportunities to promote the SPOT brand with the retailers.
- Coordinate with NSM on development of POP and merchandising displays, based on needs in the stores and visual confirmation of other brands as well as requests from the retailers and customers.
- Maintain and promptly communicate competitive recon
- Promptly communicate critical sales and service issues of SPOT to the NSM to ensure SPOT is aware of any positive or negative impact to our customers.
- Provide feedback on product improvements suggested by retailer associates and customers.
- Recommend Trade shows and represent SPOT at trade shows, as needed.
- Attend applicable regional and national trade shows and participate in planning, setup, and tear down as required
- Monitor expenses and submit monthly expense report
- Provide and maintain a maximum level of customer satisfaction through professional oral and written communication skills.
- This individual must have relevant OUTDOOR industry retail store experience.
- Undergraduate degree preferred but applicable experience may be considered.
- Excellent time management skills required, as well as being detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to plan and succeed working remotely with little supervision. You must "own your region"
- Team-Player: Ability to work within a team environment and multiple personality and skillsets
- Ability to create positive relationships with wide range of people, including business owners, buyers, managers, floor staff, customer service representatives, and fellow sales reps
- Strong computer skills required, including proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and Word, as well as a general aptitude that allows for learning line of business software provided by vendors
- Must be willing to work days that exceed standard business hours and weeks that exceed forty hours including weekends when duty calls.
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must be able to travel extensively throughout the designated territory via personal vehicle and/or air travel as required to meet business needs
- Have a drive to succeed and a demonstrated "pride in ownership" attitude.
SPOT, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Globalstar. Globalstar is a leading provider of mobile satellite voice and data services. Customers around the world in industries such as government, emergency management, marine, logging, oil & gas and outdoor recreation rely on Globalstar to conduct business smarter and faster, maintain peace of mind and access emergency personnel.
Globalstar/SPOT offers a competitive salary + quarterly bonus opportunities, benefits package including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, wellness program, 401K, stock options, employee stock purchase plan, life Insurance, accidental injury, long term disability, short-term disability, holiday pay, vacation and sick days.
Globalstar is an EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact .
EEO is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm