To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Traverse City, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Part Time Franchise Consultant
UPS • Traverse City, MI
Posted 14 days ago
The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store has over 5,000 independently owned locations in the U.S., and Canada. If you're looking for an exciting and dynamic career opportunity, we want to hear from you!
The UPS Store Franchise Consultant is responsible for supporting The UPS Stores Franchisees to ensure center performance, center profitability and center compliance. He/She is responsible to assist The UPS Store Franchisees with franchise renewals, center transfer of ownership, center relocations, new build-outs, store placements and transition of business. The UPS Store Franchise Consultant is responsible for coaching, counseling and communicating with both Company owned areas and Area Franchisees in optimizing revenues and profitability through training and support functions. He/She will also be responsible for assisting with the field execution of print services within The UPS Store network. The ideal candidate should have experience in print production and/or print sales.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Schedules store owners for TUPPS training to ensure understanding of policies, procedures, roles, and responsibilities
- Assists with the transfer process as needed to include the CURE Process
- Follows up with center owners to ensure required transfer and renewal upgrades comply with image and operational standards
- Utilizes a “best practices” approach in designing operational improvements, training, merchandising and overall franchise management
- Trains and coach Franchisees in pricing for profits utilizing PACE recommended price guidelines
- Mediates and resolves disputes among Franchisees, customers and/or Area Franchisee
- Acts as liaison between The UPS Store, Inc. and UPS, vendors, Area Franchisees and the Franchisee by serving as the primary point of contact to provide answers for concerns and questions
- Responds to Franchisee requests for training and assistance to ensure Franchisees are familiar with their business tasks
- Assists in planning and conducting networking meetings and general franchise support
- Creates presentations and meeting agendas to provide meaningful information to attendees
- Establishes relationships with TUPSS Corporate office associates and approved vendors to enable them to share their knowledge in network meetings presentations
- Prepares network meeting activities to improve store profitability through training and networking with vendors and other Franchisees
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of franchise/e agreements and policies; able to understand and use tools provided by corporate office; coaches and communicates with franchisees through training and support functions
- Applies knowledge of creative facilitation techniques to encourage participation; encourages open communication and achieves consensus when necessary; keeps participants engaged and on topic; identifies team conflicts and is able to provide feedback
- Demonstrates the ability to use negotiation techniques in less complex situations; recognizes the potential impact of negotiation proceedings on the business; gains consensus from involved parties
- Uses in-depth techniques to uncover new information or details that are not readily available; selects techniques and strategies that are appropriate for the audience; chooses techniques that result in more accurate and thorough information; implements strategies that minimize biases and preconceived ideas
- Identifies business areas and stakeholders impacted by customer issues; engages appropriate resources to resolve customer
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law