To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Deerfield, IL
- Kaitlyn Katt
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Category Manager- PSM
Kelly Financial Resources • Deerfield, IL
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting 6 month, long term contract opportunity as a PSM Manager for a top fortune 500 company in Deerfield, IL.
Job Title: IT related PSM Manager
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Deerfield, IL
This position will be responsible for primarily supporting the Global IT organization but will also be responsible for supporting Research and Development as needed. This individual will need to be able to develop and execute category strategies, drive complex negotiations, manage supplier relationships and support key stakeholders to improve service levels and reduce total costs.
Key responsibilities include:
• Optimize supplier relationships while maximizing value and ensuring uninterrupted product/service flow in contract management.
• Develop project plans and manage projects to implement short and long-term sourcing strategies for IT categories.
• Directly responsible for development of supplier relations and management of individuals and programs to affect total cost efficiencies.
• Responsible for creating innovative techniques in optimizing cost.
• Lead supplier selection process and negotiate global contracts. Develop actionable recommendations based on a clear definition and articulation of options and tradeoffs; develops action plans that anticipate implementation problems and leverages internal and supplier capabilities while building full commitment throughout the process.
• Develop and manage working relationships with both internal Baxter functions and suppliers to manage resolution of supplier issues.
• Utilizes a network of benchmarking peers to drive for Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP).
Minimum of a completed High School Diploma or GED with 5-10+ years of recent IT purchasing, procurement, contract & supplier management experience.
Bachelor's Degree in Business with 3-5 years of recent IT purchasing, procurement, contract & supplier management experience, preferred.
3. Ability to think strategically and globally
4. Experience presenting to and working with senior management required
5. Excellent project management, facilitation, interpersonal and negotiation skills
6. Financial acumen; high degree of ethics
7. Ability to build strategic supplier and stakeholder relationships
8. Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
9. Contract Analysis/Legal Experience desirable
10. Software skills: Microsoft Word, Excel (pivot tables, V-lookups, Macros, reporting), PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, Outlook, etc.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Kaitlyn Katt ([Click Here to Email Your Resumé]) for immediate consideration.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- A competitive hourly pay rate with weekly checks
- Access to newly expanded Medical Plan options
- Online continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
- Several employee discounts
- And more!
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world’s most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform your career. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 finance and accounting hiring managers rely on us each year to access the best temporary and full-time talent: people like you.
Let us help advance your career today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.