To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Support Specialist 2
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. • Rochester, NY
Posted 5 days ago
The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking a Technical Support Specialist II (TSSII) with hospital laboratory experience preferred, based at our Technical Solutions Center (TSC) located in Rochester, NY to support our Clinical Chemistry testing platforms and assays.
The Technical Support Specialist II will be responsible for the following:
- Focused on the direct support of our customers by providing expert technical solutions for both assay and instrument related issues using telecommunication, chat or other emerging technologies.
- Consistently displays the ability to lead troubleshooting management on one or multiple types of laboratory instrumentation with defined troubleshooting methodologies like Kepner-Tregoe analytical troubleshooting, Process Excellence and the like.
- Recognizes the clinical significance of the tests performed in the laboratory.
- Displays a sense of urgency to resolve customer issues.
- Communicates with empathy and respect to customers, peers and business partners
- Identifies root cause to issues reported by customers and provides appropriate solutions
- Supports Continuous Quality Improvement as well as customer satisfaction goals through modeling of appropriate ethical behavior in the work environment conducive to attaining goals
- Able to clearly explain and present technical information within and outside of the organization (i.e. technical resource to 3rd Party vendors, medical personnel, marketing, service publications, training, R&D, etc.)
- Works both independently and collaboratively with the Technical Solutions Centers team locally and globally to achieve goals.
- Understands and complies with all current cGMP and QSR requirements as defined by management our/or outlined in standard operating procedures as well as recording necessary documentation to comply with various regulatory agencies.
- Actively maintains technical and procedure knowledge.
- May deliver end customers and Technical Solution Center training as required
- Degree or certification in Medical Laboratory Technology, Medical Technology, Medical Laboratory Science or other relevant degree is required.
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- 2 years in a healthcare setting with experience in Clinical Laboratory/Blood Bank preferred
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Variable shifts available
- Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position
For this position we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]