To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
359 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Per-Diem Licensed Practical Nurse-Evenings
National Home Health Care Corp • Boston, MA
Posted 3 days ago
To provide nursing care, utilizing the nursing process, under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsible for providing nursing care that requires an understanding of diseases and illness sufficient to enhance communications with physicians, registered nurses, and patients. Provides appropriate verbal and written information for patient care plans. Observes and reports on subtle changes in a patient’s condition. Constantly evaluates appropriateness of planned treatment given the patient’s condition and proposes modifications.
- Establish effective relationships with the patient, family and other health professionals.
- Utilize nursing process to recognize actual and potential health problems of patients and communicate to primary RN/appropriate health professional.
- Collaborates and communicates with other health professionals in rendering patient care
- Follows written instructions of primary RN in order to render patient care
- Implements appropriate nursing interventions and actions according to established plan of care within scope of practice
- Documents assessment, interventions, and evaluation of patient care
- Participates in discharge planning in conjunction with primary RN and other health professionals
- Safely administer any medications as ordered by physician.
- Performs designated nursing functions/procedures which are covered under LPN licensure
- Participates in learning activities to increase understanding, and update home health nursing skills
- Attends staff meetings, clinical conferences, in-service, and continuing education programs
- Maintains effective working relationships with all disciplines
- Follows and supports company philosophy, policies and procedures
- Recognize pertinent and/or potential problems and communicate same to appropriate personnel
- Demonstrate appropriate behavior when dealing with conflict
- Willing and available to work as requested
- Prepares and submits all paperwork within a designated time frame
- Maintain an acceptable level of productivity
- Operate motor vehicle as needed for business related activities
- Shows flexibility with day to day scheduling to adapt to case load needs
- Participates in continual review and evaluation of clinical practices and learning activities to update home health nursing skills
- Attends staff meetings, clinical conferences, in-services and continued education programs
- Maintains confidentiality of records, all information about the patient, employees and company
- Other related activities, assignment and projects as directed
Requirements & Qualifications
Graduate of Nursing School required. Prefer one year nursing experience. Current licensure or permit by the applicable state board of nursing, CPR certification, driver’s license and automobile liability insurance. Knowledge and ability to effectively implement and document nursing theory, practice and principles. Strong communication and interaction skills.
- Exerts up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and or up to 10 pounds of force constantly and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Must have visual ability to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribe; operate a motor vehicle; read extensively; operate machines, tools and utilized devices.