To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Building HVAC Technician 3rd Shift
EMCOR Group, Inc • Boston, MA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Building Technology Engineers (BTE), a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group Inc., offers a comprehensive single-source solution for facilities services, including equipment repair and replacement, preventative and predictive maintenance, and facility/equipment operations. With more than 60 years of experience and our solid financial strength, we provide a wide variety of customized solutions that meet our customers needs.
Job Title: Commercial Building HVAC Technician 3rd Shift
Job Summary: Performs support for general building operations. Performs Operations & Maintenance (O&M) electrical and mechanical inspection and maintenance on equipment utilizing results oriented strategies to ensure continuing operation. Uses experience and technical skills with preventive maintenance and system operations to determine service requirements.
Schedule Rotates (Every Other Week)- Thursday - Saturday: 7:00PM-7:00AM Schedule Rotates (Every Other Week)- Wednesday - Saturday: 7:00PM-7:00AM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs mechanical work required for installation and maintenance of equipment, systems and facilities in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturers specifications.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on all air & water distribution system equipment including air handlers, ductwork, fans & motors, dampers, variable air volume systems and their components, mechanical cooling/chilled water system, condenser water system, heating & hot water system, pumps, clocks, potable & domestic water system, humidification, life safety systems, ice storage, supplemental heating & cooling equipment, and sanitary systems. Including but not limited to belt adjustments, oiling, greasing and cleaning of equipment or replacement of various types of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Advises owner/representative of preventive maintenance inspections performed and corrective actions to be taken. Suggests additional service/renovation requirements.
- Performs re-lamping both indoor and outdoor.
- Performs daily operation, inspects, maintains, repairs or assists in the repairs the buildings Energy Management System & Building Automated System, and the Fire Safety System when required. Must also stay educated on the operation of these systems either through manuals and or service representative training, when provided.
- Conducts daily/weekly tours of mechanical spaces, tenant/public areas, roofs, and building grounds.
- Respond to service calls/tenant request for HVAC, plumbing, lighting, escorts, general carpentry & painting duties, key making, picture hanging, safely move furniture and equipment as needed, and provide support or assistants when needed.
- Communicate with the owner, owner’s representative, or supervisor on the work performed and present status of the mechanical system.
- Stays abreast of changes (safety and code) in the field through seminars and other educational means.
- Provides information for input to client work order tracking system to initiate work orders for unscheduled jobs, develop materials lists for ordering, and may be required to provide technical support for projects.
- Responds to emergency situations and traces, troubleshoots and repairs problems; may wear a pager and or carry a shop radio for rapid response.
- Conducts general housekeeping to mechanical/electrical rooms including sweeping, mopping and painting.
- Completes work in accordance with EMCOR Business Systems Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Universal CFC
- Active Massachusetts Refrigeration Technicians license
- Technical degree in HVAC or seven or more years of related experience
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.