To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Automotive Training Administrative Assistant
CALIBRE • Atlanta, GA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CALIBRE Systems Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Information Technology Solutions company, is looking for a Automotive Training Administrative Assistant. The Automotive Training Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the delivery of technical training and recruiting services for a major Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) in the luxury and performance automotive segment within the USA and Canada. They are responsible delivery of the daily administrative support functions of the automotive technical training academy and related automotive technical recruiting support operations in four regions throughout the USA and Canada. The Automotive Training Administrative Assistant serves as an administrative liaison between the technical training and recruiting staff and the OEM, provides direct support to military Veterans enrolled in the Registered Apprenticeship Program, is a primary liaison with the government for the processing of GI Bill® benefits applications and reports, and is responsible for the activities listed below under the guidance and direction of CALIBRE’s Project Manager, the Director for Industry Management Services, and the OEM’s Manager for Technical and Collision Training Programs.
- Provide daily administrative, budgetary and human resources support to the automotive technical training staff:
- Provide direct administrative support to a team of JLR ACADEMY automotive technical instructors;
- Track and submit invoices for payment;
- Assist the Technical Training Manager / Project Manager with preparing and maintaining administrative records, budgetary estimates, and project status reports;
- Prepare and transmit JLR ACADEMY communications to Retailers regarding the status of training, trainee assessments, and trainee administration (e.g., lodging, meals, transportation, student requirements, etc.)
- Assess weekly attendance numbers for the Atlanta ACADEMY and communicate to cafeteria vendor to insure proper stocking of food displays;
- Coordinate with building / property management for routine and emergency facility maintenance, access, safety, and security requirements.
- Managing the Technical Training Schedule:
- Loading courses each quarter into the Learning Management System (LMS);
- Closing classes upon completion of testing by delegates;
- Sending out assessment failure notifications.
- Manage all enrollments into trainer-facilitated courses:
- Analyze each retailer’s training needs;
- Enroll technicians in appropriate courses (100% of all enrollments are through the Training Administrator);
- Manage exceptions:
- Tracking cancellations and filling empty seats;
- Offering alternate course dates for any conflicts.
- Variable Dealer Margin (Business Builder):
- Cross-reference retailer requirements against retailer objectives (for each US retailer);
- Develop plan for any deficient retailers to achieve the required number of L2-certified technicians;
- Contact retailer to advise of plan(s) to meet the objective;
- Enroll technician(s) into the 5 courses required to achieve L2-Certification;
- Track and report on progress.
- Perform the duties of GI BILL® Certifying Official:
- Maintain direct communications with the State Approving Agency (SAA) as a JLR ACADEMY primary liaison for Veterans training and education;
- Assist Veterans participating in the JLR Registered Apprenticeship with completing their applications for GI BILL® benefits (submission of VA Form 22-1990);
- In coordination with the participating JLR Retailers, prepare and submit VA Form 22-6553d-1 (MONTHLY CERTIFICATION OF ON-THE-JOB AND APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING) for each Veteran participating in the Registered Apprenticeship at the Atlanta training center;
- Gather PDF copies of each participating Veteran’s monthly pay stub from the appropriate Retailer to support the VA Form 22-6553d-1;
- Maintain all VA and DOL required supporting documents in the Project Repository; and
- Complete any required government provided training associated with the responsibilities of the School Certifying Official.
- Proven administrative and human resources skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prepare, reproduce, and deliver automotive OEM communications, forms, and reports
- Ability to prepare, reproduce, and deliver federal government forms and reports
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
- Proven interpersonal, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Ability to provide student advice and counseling on Veterans benefits
- Ability to prepare internal and external education and training reports
- Ability to prepare presentations and supporting materials
- Ability to work with JLR Retailer Management Teams, consultants and sub-contractors
- Must have a clean driving record (no moving violations in the past 2 years & no DUI/DWI)
- 2 or more years of administrative support experience (preferably in an automotive technical training environment)
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems
- Experience processing purchase requests and invoicing with vendors
- Strong administrative technical and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- For military Veteran applicants, must be honorably discharged
- Bachelor Degree Required (BA/BS)
Automotive dealership administrative or similar customer service experience
- Experience submitting and / or processing GI BILL® related forms and communications
- 2 or more years of luxury and performance Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
(Other education, commensurate experience and demonstrated ability of individual may be substituted.)
CALIBRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports transitioning service members, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. To be considered, please apply via our website at www.calibresys.com. Come join our dynamic team!