To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Regional Facilities Manager
BGIS North America • Houston, TX
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
BGIS is currently seeking a Regional Facilities Manager to join the team in Houston, TX.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes, and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses.
With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square meters of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients. As part of the wider Brookfield Asset Management Group, BGIS clients benefit from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, you’re joining an industry-leading company that makes a difference in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada’s Green 30 companies since 2010.
- Develops and trains employees.
- Communicates performance expectations and provides performance feedback
- Recommends professional training and supports employee career planning
- Communicates - formally and informally - company goals, policies, plans and priorities
- Collaborates with team to define and communicate priorities
- Collaborate with managers to define and communicate direct report priorities
- Mentors and provides assistance to members of the support-services teams nationally
- Acts as steward of BGIS culture and all company policies and procedures
- Collaborates with team to communicate and share information and practices
- Evaluates and evolves specialist competencies
- Purposefully reaches out to connect staff and peers across departments and regions
Cross-functional Relationships & Customer Satisfaction
- Works in collaborates to optimize development, design and delivery of projects, as well as client and office needs
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with internal partners
- Participates in cross-functional committees and teams
- Looks for and promotes cross-functional operational synergies
- Leads in alignment with the Brand & Business Services management team strategy and goals
- Helps gather client insight to drive process improvements
Continuous Improvement Project Management
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement in operational processes and structures
- Executes and aligns work in accordance to processes and guidelines
- Execute and implement process improvements
- Acts a liaison between diverse geographic and groups to bring about change
- Leads in alignment with regional managers execute financial stewardship
- Carry out other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Advanced knowledge in SharePoint required
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or related field. This knowledge may be gained through 4 years applicable work experience
- Five (5) years’ of managerial experience or in shared services for a construction company is required
- Experience working within matrixed environment preferred
- LEED professional designation a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office, reimbursed
- Normal office working conditions
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.