To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Port Washington, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sales Manager, Apparel Practice
The NPD Group • Port Washington, NY
Posted 17 days ago
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
The Sales Manager for NPD’s Fashion Apparel practice is dedicated to generating revenue sales from prospects. This is a new position, reporting to the Executive Director of New Business Development in Fashion Apparel focused on servicing manufactures both branded and private label. This is a unique role, requiring sales, analytic and client development skill sets.
- Aggressively prospect, build, prioritize and close an opportunity pipeline for new business, including identifying new markets along the supply chain
- Achieve/exceed annual sales and territory revenue quotas
- Develop and implement sales strategies and plans with a consultative sales approach
- Prepare for C-level selling with a thorough understanding of a prospect’s organization, goals, objectives and issues
- Develop recommendations/proposals and confidently present research solutions in a clear manner that will address our client’s strategic business needs
- Negotiate and prepare contracts for products and services as needed
- Maintain internal sales performance reporting on a monthly basis
- Work with NPD's Lead Generation Team to build, organize and create marketing campaigns
- Attend trade shows and industry meetings to develop new relationships and prospects
- Generate reports, prepare analysis and develop presentations based on client project requests, needs and deadlines
- Ensure overall client satisfaction with service, data application and deliverables
- Responsible for follow-up post-delivery of ad-hoc projects
- Develop overall industry knowledge and become a trusted resource, providing insights to clients on matters impacting their business
- 5+ years of related experience in softlines industries
- BA/BS degree
- Previous experience in hunting and closing new business a plus.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including the art of persuasion and creativity
- Highly motivated with a strong perseverance to uncover new revenue generating opportunities with both prospects and adjacent industries
- A self-starter who has an entrepreneurial mentality with a desire to learn and work in a multi-faceted and fast paced environment
- Ability to analyze complex data to communicate findings to clients with impact
- A confident presenter, comfortable with engaging differing view points
- Expert in all MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) to deliver reports and presentations
- Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred
- Requires learning proprietary research based data tools
- Exceptional in-person, phone and written communication skills
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.