To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Yard/ Crush Crew Helper
Lkq Corporation • Houston, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Essential Job Duties:
1. Prepare vehicles for crushing into scrap metal within the suggested time constraints in a safely and conscious manner.
2. This may entail removing wire harnesses, radiators, starters, condensers, hoses, aluminum wheels or any other metal not removed by the mechanized puller.
3. Ability to work closely and in concert with others to maximize production.
4. Assist in the vehicle crushing operation.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Job Summary: The Crush Crew Worker is responsible for properly prepping vehicles to be put into the car crusher machine.
Basic Qualifications (Minimum Required Experience, Education, Knowledge/Skills/Abilities, Essential Physical Demands):
Ability To: Work closely with Loader Operator to maximize processing of vehicles to be crushed, safely & efficiently. Experience: Must have some hands-on automotive repair experience.
Education: High school diploma or G.E.D preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Basic knowledge of crusher operation; ability to safely remove fuel tanks, wire harnesses and auto part cores
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: Sits, stands, bends, and moves intermittently. Subject to intense physical labor and repetitive lifting. Must be able to lift at least 75lbs. Must be able to work outside in various types of weather. Works with hydraulic oils, motor oils, antifreeze, and diesel fuels.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous salvage operation employment