To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
- Hailey Thompson
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
TEKsystems, Inc • San Francisco, CA
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The ideal candidate has experience in a technical support role. The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, on site and remote technical support in a mixed Windows / OSX environment, imaging and deploying workstations/laptops, deploying software/hardware updates and upgrades, and anti-virus configuration/monitoring. Candidates must demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills and be willing to adapt to changing responsibilities.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Possess the aptitude and determination to provide "above and beyond" support for Unison employees in resolving problems with IT, desktop, AV and communications systems.
* Develop and maintain a sense of ownership as it relates to the effective use of technology in a fast-paced evolving environment.
* Provide an exceptional level of support through a high degree of flexibility and contextual understanding.
* Keep current with the latest technologies and best practices with regards to IT support and operations.
* Be the help desk: Answer phone calls and emails from internal and remote staff with password, computer and/or software problems.
* Help users in-person and via remote tools; logging cause and remedies in help desk FAQ database and/or documenting fix procedures.
* Track software licenses; assist in the planning and allocation of licenses where needed and assist the Director of IT in identifying overall licensing costs and savings opportunities.
* Maintain inventory and warranty tracking of all computer assets including but not limited to servers, network storage, desktops, laptops, tablets and smart phones; coordinating repairs on any failed units under warranty.
* Document current user processes and procedures, and periodically updates them when outdated
* Based on help desk questions and problems, identify areas of user training needed and document and/or offer mini training sessions to staff consistent with Unison's policies and IT strategic objectives.
* Work with vendors to purchase new software/hardware and warranty renewals; coordinate warranty replacement of defective hardware
* A+ Certification preferred
* Demonstrated 2+ years of experience in providing exceptional hands-on and remote support with a variety of technologies including, but not limited to Windows, IOS and Android devices, desk phones and conferencing solutions.
* Able to troubleshoot hardware, software, printer and basic desktop networking issues.
* Demonstrated ability communicating complex technical ideas in easy to understand terms for less technical users.
* Customer service oriented skill set with experience supporting a variety of different levels of technical experience and skill.
* Strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities while meeting demanding deadlines.
* Ability to develop, document and communicate support-focused processes in collaboration with other technology team members.
* Experience with hosted productivity and communications applications: Google, Box, MS Office, Adobe, and the ability to train and support employees on their use.
* Outstanding and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively with other team members both locally and remote.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.