To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Plant Engineering Project Specialist
UPS • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Plant Engineering Project Specialist is an entry level position within the UPS Plant Engineering department. He/She will be part of a UPS project team assigned to construct or expand a UPS sortation facility. This position will assist with the General Construction of the building or the mechanical / electrical / controls installation of the conveyor system.
The Plant Engineering Specialist will be responsible for drawing and specification auditing, commissioning, quality control, testing, estimating, cost control, scheduling, and value engineering. He/She will provide reports and documentation for the job responsibilities.
- Gathers documents for project bid packages (e.g., post-feasibility cost estimate, drawing sets, etc.) to submit to the administrative group for distribution to bidders.
- Dispatches and oversees the work of outside service housekeeping vendors through physical inspections to ensure quality of work.
- Manages vendors, scheduling, and dispatching for routine maintenance and projects in the facility.
- Supervises Small PE Projects.
- Drafts Feasibility Studies.
- Manages Project Documents and Fund Allocations.
- Equipment Repair Management: Describes types of equipment problems that can occur; identifies specifications of mechanical and technical equipment; explains repair techniques and tools.
- Facilities, Equipment, and Grounds Maintenance: Identifies basic facility components requiring preventative maintenance; describes how to create preventative maintenance schedules.
- Facility Design: Identifies problems or inefficiencies with current buildings or plants; modifies or adjusts existing facility blueprints to resolve recurring building or plant failures; recommends new facility design specifications.
- Physical Assets Management: Demonstrates a basic knowledge of physical asset management; identifies physical resources to meet business needs; describes the appropriate use of existing physical tools, equipment, and materials.
- Project Management: Demonstrates understanding of implementation objectives, project plan, and one's role within a project; participates in the implementation of a project; provides timely, thorough, and concise updates for area of responsibility; identifies areas of risk and properly communicates them to the project manager.
- Project Planning: Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources.
- Report Generation: Possesses ability to generate simple reports using basic functions in software, and/or writing basic queries; identifies information required to complete reports and identifies existing reports generated by others.
- Technology Implementation: Able to communicate designed and developed technology solutions and their desired outcome in general terms; expresses the importance of an effective implementation; develops implementation plans.
- Bachelor’s degree – Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or related Engineering program – Preferred
- Experience with PLCs or related programming and troubleshooting – Preferred
- Experience demonstrating knowledge of networks – Preferred
- Experience with Motor Control theory and operation – Preferred
- Experience with AC and DC electrical troubleshooting - Preferred
- Experience with MS Office Suite, or similar software - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Read the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law here.