To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Robotics Technician II
JLL • Houston, TX
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Take your career to the next level by joining a high-energy team of problem solvers and innovators. JLL is partnering with one of the world’s largest online fulfillment network to ensure that buildings under our oversight operate at peak performance. We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada. Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As we continue to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order. We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn from the best in the industry, then we’re looking for people like you!
Robotics Technician II
The Robotics Technician II will be working within a 24x7 warehouse/logistics environment providing operations and maintenance services to support a fleet of robots. The AR2 will be the primary responder to recover failed robot drive units and a blocked pathways. The AR2 tech will perform advanced maintenance on drive units, pods and stations. The Robotic Floor Tech II is the first responder to all robotic floor related break downs and issues.
Responsibilities will include:
• Responding to robotic system break downs
• Complete both basic and advanced preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures
• Basic trouble shooting of robotic drive units and software
• Logging detailed maintenance data
• Maintaining and repairing distribution center mobile racking
• Metal and wood fabrications, including welding
• Assisting, repairing, and maintaining material handling equipment
• Tracking and storing the department's inventory, including spare parts
• Supporting continuous improvement in department and DC
• Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
• Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
• Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
• Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
Operation Support & Customer Service:
• Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
• Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
• Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
• Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner. Must be highly self-motivated.
Basic Qualifications Required:
• Electrical knowledge of basics components.
• 5 to 7 years of experience in Automated systems and controls
• Electrical and electronic principles
• Preventative maintenance procedures
• Knowledge of PLC programs
• PC competency, Word & Excel, Kindle Platforms and Windows OS
• Tech school certificate or AA in Electrical/Electronics
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different projects and work load
• Troubleshooting, able to ID and understand the resources needed to resolve them
• Proven ability to work successfully with little supervision
• Proven ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
o Desire to learn about and work with conveyor systems and client specific robots
o Good mechanical and technical aptitude
o Curious nature with a desire to learn, repair and troubleshoot material handling equipment (MHE)
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]