To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
U-Haul • Houston, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
U-Haul is hiring for a highly motivated, assertive, and passionate individual to manage a U-Haul Moving and Storage Center!
Do you enjoy helping others and are you passionate about engaging and interacting with customers to deliver top-notch customer service?
Are you are looking for a workplace where you can make a difference and would like the chance to work in a culture that embraces innovation and promotes growth opportunities?
If so, then U-Haul is the place for you!
The General Manager is crucial to the sustained productivity of the company. A successful General Manager must be seasoned and experienced in retail sales, profit & loss, personnel, equipment, and time management, customer service, and more. At U-Haul, the General Manager is also critical in creating a welcoming environment, creating the cleanest locations in the industry, and identifying customer needs and exceeding their expectations.
The General Manager will be responsible for the profitability and productivity of the U-Haul Moving and Storage Center and to achieve established standards, sales goals, and profit objectives.
As a General Manager you would be expected to exemplify integrity and accountability at the managerial level as well as demonstrate excellent team leadership skills.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the ability to build, manage, coach and develop a successful staff and empower a cohesive team to deliver against U-Haul's high operating standards, while ensuring the best service to our valued customers.
If you are a proven and successful leader seeking the next big challenge, join our team today!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Performing profit and loss (P&L) analysis
- Hiring, managing and mentoring team members
- Driving sales and production
- Providing customer service
- Tracking inventory
- Very Competitive Salary
- Excellent Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Stock Ownership Plan, Vacation & more
- Monthly and Annual Bonus Potential
- Military Veterans highly encouraged to apply
- Minimum 1-3 years of management experience in retail or other service industry with responsibility for financial results and customer satisfaction
- Previous management proficiency in high volume retail with profit and loss (P&L) accountability
- Strong ability to lead, development, and train staff for success
- Ability to create and maintain a customer focused culture
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Valid driver's license and the ability to maintain a good driving record to operate a motor vehicle
- Adhere to all local vehicular regulations while driving
- High School Diploma or equivalent
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts or machines, fumes or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.