To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
JLL • Houston, TX
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
TITLE: Maintenance Mechanic - Healthcare
The Maintenance Mechanic provides electrical and mechanical support for the assigned buildings. This role has wide ranging responsibilities, including low/medium voltage power, HVAC system and controls, mechanical system troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, emergency response, general maintenance, carpentry, plumbing system, and vendor management. Basic operation and maintenance of building systems and equipment. Provides response to customer service requests. Works with the Operations team in both maintenance and repair of building and equipment.
Primary responsibilities will include electrical/mechanical support for power systems, lighting systems and controls, and other facility subsystems and support tools.
This position requires the employee to be on-call for after-hours emergencies.
- Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws, and Healthcare Compliance Regulations.
- Comply with all safety procedures.
- Comply with all policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs.
- Assists other operational staff members in repair and maintenance of building equipment and compliance with all required maintenance and safety audits.
- Monitors operation and maintains refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; recording readings as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions.
- Uses a computerized maintenance e management work order system (CMMS) to open and close work orders. Maintains records for work completed in a neat and organized manner.
- Uses a facility management control system (FMS) to operate and monitor equipment functionality.
- Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for various equipment repairs. Keeps logs, documents equipment repairs, closes work orders, tracks time accurately in reports and provides timely and constant communication with the Operations Manager and Lead Engineer.
- Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts.
- Assist operations team in maintenance and repair of building and equipment.
- Perform minor plumbing repairs.
- Move office furniture, machinery, equipment, and other materials, as requested
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts; report on as-found conditions.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
- Recognize danger and safety hazards; propose methods to eliminate them.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of an applicable technical training program, desirable.
- Minimum of one year of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, and basic plumbing and electrical.
- General HVAC knowledge preferred
- General plumbing knowledge preferred
- Special knowledge and skills - Some skills in electrical and mechanical aptitude a must.
- Personal characteristics - Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports and have excellent customer service skills.
- For internal candidates, must consistently receive a “meets expectations” job performance review.
Physical Work Abilities and Job Requirements:
- This position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead, including:
- Ability to frequently walk up and down stairs for inspections and emergency procedure practice or implementation.
- Lifting a minimum of 80 lbs.
- Using ladders up to 40 ft and working from heights.
- Climbing a ladder with a 300-lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
- Candidate will be provided with tools required to perform assigned work scope.
- Ability to detect emergency alarms - auditory and/or visual.
- Visually inspect machinery and buildings.
- Equipment inspections require getting on hands and knees to reach areas difficult to access
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]