To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HVAC Journeyman - 3rd Shift
JLL • Chicago, IL
Posted 10 days ago
General Summary: The HVAC/Refrigeration Grade 1 must posses and actively apply the knowledge of HVAC systems in large facilities; will investigate, diagnose and remedy problems and malfunctions. Is proficient in problem solving skills and is capable of independently performing troubleshooting functions regarding maintenance, repair, and construction.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Troubleshoot and repair all pneumatic, electric, and electronic controls and equipment to specifications using proper testing equipment while working from drawings or manuals. When assigned to install new/used equipment, must be able to operate appropriate construction tools and equipment. Completely charge and start-up large chiller systems. Troubleshoot and diagnose all HVAC electrical components on chillers, rooftops, fan units, etc. Repair and rebuild pumps and compressors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The HVAC/Refrigeration Grade 1 must meet or exceed the requirements as described.
- Basic Elementary School
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have completed a 4 year apprenticeship program and/or have equal experience.
- CFC certified
- Knowledge of pneumatic controls, instruments, and automatic dampers.
- Knowledge of air flows and air balancing in large institutions.
- Knowledge of the principles of operation of large compressors and the relation between pressure and temperature variances.
- Knowledge of water and steam systems.
- Knowledge of air compressor functions and repairs.
- Refrigeration background able to recover refrigerant systems, charge systems and diagnose problems within a refrigerant system.
- Ability to diagnose and repair roof top AC units.
- Knowledge of building automation systems and the ability to diagnose BAS issues.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, service manuals, and instructions as necessary to complete all work assignments.
- Has a working knowledge of the federal, state, and local codes, laws, and regulations applicable to this trade.
- Has a working knowledge of computer and DDC controls
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in performance of a job assignment as well possesses the physical strength and dexterity to effectively perform work assignments
- Owns a complete set of hand tools necessary for the trade.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.