To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1210 San Mateo Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Administrative Assistant-CA
CORT • South San Francisco, CA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Customer Service Administrative Assistant supports the District General Manager and District Service Representatives by completing administrative and clerical tasks specific to running the district, opening and closing tradeshows, and servicing customer needs. Key duties include scheduling appointments, providing information to callers, opening show files, coordinating service to fulfil coordinator requests, and closing show files by performing the following duties.Responsibilities
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
- Answers and screens District's telephone calls to expedite customer service.
- Administrative point of contact for communications from local tradeshow contractors.
- Reconciles pieces ordered on Freeman shows monthly with local Freeman office
- Assists in show set up and close
- Greets scheduled visitors and conducts to appropriate area or person.
- Assists with mapping orders onto tradeshow floorplans and communicates with operations on truck dock availability relative to show move-in.
- Assists DSRs in zoning shows into manageable pieces to assist Operation’s work flow.
- Acts as liaison between DSRs and Operations to ensure accuracy of load in and load out information as well as product shortages.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Processes orders, and generates client and delivery reports.
- Audits trade show revenue and order changes pre, post, and during the month to ensure all revenue is captured.
- Reconciles and audits order accuracy prior to invoicing.
- Researches rotations and size of tradeshows.
- Occasionally provides onsite backup to District Service Representatives.
- Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Maintains and organizes copies of service records and contracts for the GM.
- Must be able to travel 5% of the time to tradeshow sites.
- Must be able to work overtime to include the weekends and odd hours.
- Able to help customers think of options and find solutions.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; TSE Inventory software; Excel Spreadsheet software and MSWord Word Processing software.
- Current driver's license.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
As part of a national company, CORT Trade Show & Event Furnishings offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, a competitive salaries with position specific incentive or commission plans, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts. For more information on CORT Trade Show & Event Furnishings, visit www.CORTevents.com.
CORT conducts drug screening, background checks and MVR checks (if applicable) as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.
CORT is a Berkshire Hathaway Company that has been in business since 1971. We are one of the country’s leading service providers to businesses and individuals in transition. CORT is the world’s leading provider of furniture rental, tradeshow and event furnishings, and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the U.S. and in the UK. As an organization, CORT's greatest assets are the more than 2,000 employees working nationwide.
Today, CORT has more than 100 showrooms, clearance centers and distribution facilities across the United States, operations in the United Kingdom and a Global Network of partners servicing more than 70 countries around the world.
CORT Tradeshow and Events is the leading provider of rental furniture, lighting, and accessories for the meeting and events industry. Our national distribution and iconic, modern collections guarantee a successful event anywhere.