To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Outside Sales Rep (Western Chicago)
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Chicago, IL
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
Use your unique perspective to build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, and negotiate and close business deals. In this dynamic role you will collaborate with the team to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue in alignment with MSC’s long-term strategic goals.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
Translate your keen insight of customer’s needs and drivers into sales that advance their success as a business … and of MSC’s success as an industry leader.
• Apply our unique insights to address customer’s priorities and reframe how they view their business to foster conversation based on customer needs, not MSC capabilities.
• Use account planning tools, prescriptive analytics, and research from marketing to teach customers something new and compelling about their business that leads to MSC’s differentiated solutions.
• Initiate commercial conversations with knowledge about a customer’s business, and identify opportunities to share important information.
• Identify key stakeholders, their objectives and metrics, and adjust messages accordingly.
• Incorporate economic drivers with deep knowledge of customer’s business, current macro/microeconomic and industry trends, and potential new business opportunities.
• Clearly articulate customer’s business model, key cost drivers, growth paths, and value proposition.
• Conduct due diligence to understand customer value drivers, and leverage these drivers to influence a wide range of customer stakeholders.
• Establish value with customer before discussing ROI/financial terms by qualifying and quantifying the impact of maintaining the status quo or pursuing competitors’ solutions.
• Drive momentum and proactively advance the purchase decision by assessing customer’s readiness to proceed at each stage of the buying process and setting clear next steps.
• Create constructive tension by leveraging facts from research, benchmark data, and best demonstrated practices to introduce new ideas that challenge the status quo and reveal to customer high costs they may have been incurring.
• Tailor presentations and commercial insight to customer’s industry, company and contact and deliver relevant messages based on current industry trends that will impact their business.
• Research industry trends that impact all customers and become recognized as a trusted advisor on the industries they serve.
WHAT IT TAKES
The intellectually agile and professionally driven sales professional we seek should have these skills and competencies.
• Self-motivated to meet specific sales goals (1 year demonstrated track record of success in B2B sales preferred)
• Ability to create constructive tension and align stakeholders involved in the decision-making process to drive consensus to MSC solutions
• Solid history of decision making, taking accountability, demonstrated competitive spirit and ability to overcome obstacles to success
• Strong interpersonal skills along with attention to detail and follow through
• Customer focus
• Teaching for differentiation
• Tailoring for resonance
• Taking control
• Instills trust
• Drives results
• Decision quality
• Develops talent
• Communicates effectively
• Action oriented
• Manages conflict
• Situational adaptability
• Bachelor’s degree in business, industrial distribution, manufacturing or equivalent experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite with Salesforce.com experience
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.