To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Franklin Energy
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Trade Ally Liaison
Franklin Energy • Chicago, IL
Posted 10 days ago
We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Trade Ally Liaison is primarily responsible for developing, coordinating, and managing the program outreach to contractors, builders, verifiers, HVAC and lighting specialists and other Trade Allies within the energy efficiency incentive program areas. This position also coordinates with internal and external customers on processes and procedures involving delivery of programs or services. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Promote the energy efficiency program to customers and trade allies within your assigned territory
- Understand and implement the Franklin Energy Sales Process, including but not limited to;
- Making outbound calls to new and existing customers to meet assigned energy saving targets
- Managing field time effectively with customer or Trade Ally visits
- Developing and presenting program presentations to spur project activity
- Responding to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects towards completion
- Assist in the implementation of specific energy efficiency programs according to defined budgets and energy savings targets
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program's strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers.
- Integrate additional products and services into customer operations to improve customer service and satisfaction
- Provide ongoing qualified lead to our Trade Ally Liaisons
- Actively "cold calling" new potential suppliers/contractors and developing their participation in our programs
- Recruit, train, educate and cultivate relationships with contractors and other Trade Allies to encourage effective marketing of programs
- Develop unique marketing/outreach projects to help recruit participants/Trade Allies to the program
- Perform event planning, coordination and presentations of programs
- Serve as a liaison between customers and contractors to ensure quality, customer satisfaction and cost effective project implementation
- Work in cooperation with other energy efficiency programs to forward and follow-up on leads
- Research the markets, accumulating data on businesses, and identifying the key allies to be targeted on behalf of the Programs
- Build a base of "registered" Trade Allies specific to the specified Programs
- Identify improvement barriers and report information to Trade Ally Manager
- Ensure continuous improvement of operations throughout the year
- Prepare weekly activity reports and track progress towards program goals
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Technical school degree combined with demonstrated experience in the electric/gas utility field will be considered when deciding on this position
- 1-2 years of experience in the electric or natural gas utility industry, facilities management, HVAC design or sales, commercial and industrial lighting, or conservation and energy management
- Existing contractor network - Preferred
- Previous customer service experience
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and to collaborate on continuous improvement efforts
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver's license
- CEM VPI Certification - Preferred
- Willingness to travel 60% or more of the time, occasional overnight
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer