To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Batavia, NY 14020
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Quaker Chemical Corporation • Batavia, NY
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Company: Summit Lubricants
SummitLubricants, a Quaker Chemical company located in Batavia, NY is currentlylooking for a Packager I to add to their growing team. SummitLubricants is a wholly owned subsidiary of Quaker Chemical Corp.
JobSummary: The Packager I will perform all tasksinvolved in the production of Summit Lubricant’s products. This includesfilling, packaging and palletizing grease according to written specifications.All associates must follow standard work methods and practice safe work habitsto ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
- Reads fill sheets and performs work as assigned by production supervisor.
- Sets up filling equipment, scales, and containers at various production points.
- Labels or stencils containers as specified.
- Operates valves and other controls on production equipment.
- Follows through with customer specifications on fill sheets, filling finished product into various packaging units.
- Loading and off-loading of box trucks and tankers.
- Notifies supervisor of any safety, mechanical or product quality related issues.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production.
- Willing and able to work overtime when required, including weekends.
- Equipment and machinery used includes; valves, scales, fork lifts, steel and plastic containers, cardboard boxes, tape dispensers and other materials necessary to the production and packaging of Summit Lubricants products.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required.
- Advanced education or skilled training preferred. Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in English.
- Requires strong basic math skills. Must be able to work as part of a team.
Candidate must be comfortable working in a factory environment which couldinvolve standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout theday. Must be able to lift 50 pound containers and palletize 400 pound drums.The environment in the factory can reach extreme heat in the summer.
SummitLubricants has earned a reputation as a premier quality wholesale lubricant andgrease manufacturer. As an ISO 9001 and ISO organization, the keys to oursuccess have been the ability to solve difficult, demanding applicationrequirements and our commitment to the highest quality products and service. Weoffer progressive career path and highly competitive salary and benefitspackage- including- health, dental, vision, 401(k), education reimbursement,employee stock purchase plan, EAP program, employee wellness, generous PTO andholidays, personal days and access to employee training and developmentresources.