To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Service Regional Business Manager
Tremco • Rochester, NY
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Northeast Regional Business Manager (RBM) is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the Northeast region which includes, but is not limited to, setting strategic direction, providing customer service and sales support, managing all regional personnel, ensuring regional profitability and performance, and contributing to a culture of teamwork and quality. The RBM will be the liaison for the region and will coordinate communications with all levels of staff within Weatherproofing Technologies Incorporated (WTI) and Tremco Roofing and Building Maintenance. The RBM will maintain and improve customer relationships and provide face-to-face business support and service. The RBM will also work with field and sales personnel to achieve continuous improvement initiatives and promote synergies between sales and WTI. Assigned regions are subject to change based on business needs.
- Direct region's WTI personnel and work cross-functionally with other Tremco and WTI external and internal departments to maximize efforts and results in sales, compliance, safety, and profitability.
- Act as a liaison between headquarters and field to ensure that effective two-way communication takes place to ensure positive results are achieved.
- Develop ongoing strategy to manage and grow existing business within existing markets and with all new strategic markets developed by WTI or Tremco Roofing and Building Maintenance management.
- Assess daily operational situations for crisis management, safety and escalation protocol.
- Determine solutions to project issues, including but not limited to, field resource management, workload balance, job site conditions, product management issues, etc.
- Travel to job sites as needed to provide support to regional resources (including rooftop projects).
- Travel to customer or sales meeting as needed to support business or regional activities.
- Manage all WTI personnel in the Northeast region. Dependent on the sales volume of the region, personnel can range from 10 to over 100.
- Develop regional resources for daily operations, growth and employee development.
- Identify resource or employee concerns and act timely to resolve and engage appropriate HR or WTI management.
- Ensure documentation of employee issues are prompt and submitted to HR.
- Act as an agent of change and improvement and adapt quickly to changing business priorities.
- Manage regional financial data, including but not limited to, identifying trends, correcting utilization, and addressing gross margin and/or operating income issues. Review individual job financials and make changes as needed to correct poor performance and prevent future repetitive issues.
- Forecast, analyze and report on sales and establish financial performance metrics. Establish criteria for success and provide leadership for achievement of goals for the regional team.
- Develop workforce planning, recruiting and retention strategy to maintain optimum performance of region.
- Establish, define and communicate a clear strategic direction and targets for goal attainment for the regional team.
- Facilitate a culture of teamwork and excellence amongst region as well as the organization.
- Communicate and implement company policies and procedures within region and support throughout the organization as required.
- Work directly with Managed Asset team to facilitate and foster support of national accounts as designated.
- Communicate with regional partners (other RBMs, supervisors, construction managers, etc.) to provide or obtain resource and technical support. Additional duties as directed by the Vice President, WTI.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- 4-10 years related experience and/or training
- 5-10 years prior experience in a results oriented leadership role for a regional, cross functional team within the building construction industry.
- Prior experience leading a large staff in remote multi-state locations.
- Experience in an influential role where extraordinary results were achieved through accountability and leading others to achieve and maintain a high standard of performance.
- Prior experience clearly defining expectations, articulating ideas, thoughts and views and providing continual timely, frank, and direct feedback to others.
- Proven experience with setting strategy and establishing plans for business growth.
- Prior experience working between multiple departments that support regional compliance and profitability.
- Must have prior hands on experience with handling business transactions, procedures, and practices including but not limited to, pricing, company vehicles, safety, order entry, estimating, general contracting procedures, designation and duties of employees, warranties, quality assurance practices, service offerings, etc.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Can service customers in compliant and financially solvent manner
- Understanding of contract management and processes
- Intermediate skills with financial data and mathematics (understanding of statistics, business metrics, gross margin, operating income, cost management, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make professional presentations to others
- Must have excellent organizational skills to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to create strategic plans and measure and analyze results
- Strong problem resolution skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all personality types
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.
- Must be able to use technology to perform company tasks (expense management, time keeping systems, intranet, etc.)
- Ability to travel 50-75% dependent of season, to any location required within US. Possible international travel. Must reside within designated region, unless otherwise approved by VP, WTI
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.