To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Queens, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Associate II Warehouse Ops- NIGHT
Cardinal Health • Queens, NY
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Warehouse Associate will accurately, safely and timely receive, stock and store product, pick, pack and scan orders for shipping to customers. Will perform a combination of manual or automated materials handling tasks which require activities around moving machinery. Warehouse Associates may be assigned, reassigned or deployed to any work area or station throughout the distribution center facility at any time as required for efficient operation.
Kinray Warehouse operations span several buildings and floors within the buildings. Warehouse Associates will be required to perform job tasks in any area or multiple areas and floors of the distribution center complex such as pick-up, drop-off and/or move product between buildings, work areas and between floors.
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking, and/or operating materials handling equipment.
- Requires the use of hands for grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires physical exertion including, but not limited to: bending, squatting, climbing, reaching, etc.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance.
- Requires going up and down stairs and climbing a ladder.
- Requires utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE)
- May require wearing a wrist scanner (warf gun) and/or operating materials handling equipment such as: hand truck, dolly, manual or electric pallet jack, elevator and/or forklift (if certified).
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects some, but not all examples of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned at any time.
- Picks, packs, and ships product to customers in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs quality inspections on incoming and outgoing products.
- Moves incoming and outgoing product pallets, cases, boxes and pieces to designated areas utilizing appropriate materials handling equipment.
- Sorts and stocks items on racks, shelves, bins, mechanical machines according to predetermined inventory procedures.
- Processes returned merchandise.
- Stages and loads orders onto delivery vehicles.
- Conducts physical inventory counts and replenishes stock from back-up locations as needed.
- Works overtime hours as required.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance; reports for work as scheduled every shift including weekends as per work assignment or volunteer commitment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping work areas neat and free of debris.
- Performs required reports and correspondence.
- Operates a computer terminal and/or other electronic equipment.
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Able to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Must be versatile, flexible, and a willing to work within constantly changing priorities.
- One to two years related experience or equivalent preferred.
- Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods preferred.
- Forklift certification, a plus.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.