To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
359 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Per-Diem Home Health Aide
National Home Health Care Corp • Boston, MA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
To provide, under supervision of a health care professional, personal care to an assigned group of clients/consumers.
- follow company policy and the do’s and don’ts list
- assist the patient with personal hygiene and self-care procedures as directed by the staff professional
- submit accurate and timely documentation of patient care, time of services
- Render quality care to clients as directed by staff professional
- assist patients with activities of daily living which may include bathing, toileting, feeding, skin care, hair care, exercise, food preparation
- change bed linens
- perform simple household duties which are conducive to better health care
- report any significant incident or change in patient’s condition to the staff professional
- participate in clinical team conferences as indicated
- cooperate with professional in scheduling supervised aide visits
- follow prepared schedule and contact office as instructed and if changes to schedule
- promote independent living of each client
- coordinate and involve care givers to provide quality care
- maintain safe home environment within limits
- review with staff professional the patient care to be provided on HHA worksheet.
- attend staff meetings and in-service programs
- maintain confidentiality of records, conditions, and other information relating to clients, employees, and the company
- work independently, requiring minimal supervision in performance of duties
- demonstrate an awareness of limitations by asking for guidance when needed
- maintain an effective working relationship with all disciplines and promote cooperation among all company team members
- follow and support company philosophy, polices and procedures
- recognize pertinent and/or potential problems and immediately communicate to coordinator
- demonstrate appropriate behavior when dealing with conflict
- maintain acceptable level of attendance (4-6 absences a year, exclusive of FMLA)
- exercise good judgment and maintain boundaries in performance of duties
- operate motor vehicle as needed for business-related activities
- assist with medications which can be self-administered
- Other related activities, assignment and projects as directed
Requirements & Qualifications
High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Thorough knowledge of the techniques involved in assisting with personal care and activities of daily living. Ability to communicate effectively and maintain a working relationship with patients, peers, supervisor and the public. Ability to follow written instructions. Prefer minimum of one (1) year in hospital/nursing home/home health setting. Must be able to pass both a written and skills home health aide certification test; current driver’s license and automobile liability insurance required.
For patient visits: Shampoo board, blow dryer, wrist watch, motor vehicle, vacuum, sweeper, mop, broom, stove, kitchen utensils, hoyer lift, and patient assistive devices, scales, thermometer, PPE equipment as indicated. Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, pushing, bending, repetitive motion, digital dexterity and sensitivity.
Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects, and or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
For office work: Use of phone and computer. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Visual Acuity: Must be able to perform functions/techniques involved in job responsibilities and to safely operate a motor vehicle. The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.