To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hooksett, NH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Operations Specialist - Hooksett, NH
UnitedHealth Group • Hooksett, NH
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A Business Operations Specialist (BOS) should have analytical skills to help us conduct and manage outcomes of various operations initiatives, supporting short and long term operational/strategic business activities, by developing, enhancing and maintaining operational information and models. Also develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes. Positions in this function conduct and manage outcomes of various studies that include analyzing, reviewing, forecasting, trending, and presenting information for operational and business planning. They support short and long term operational/strategic business activities - by developing, enhancing and maintaining operational information and models. They also develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes.
- Work cross-functionally across operations to develop, support and implement solutions for assigned functional areas; i.e., / quality remediation across the Oxford and Cirrus platforms
- Lead several projects with varied, multiple deliverables, team members and audiences requiring ongoing prioritization and relationship management
- Communicate project status updates to immediate and leadership leveraging project milestones and deliverables
- Create value for the organization through the application of knowledge, techniques, and assets to improve business
- Strong communication skills; i.e., participate in projects and represent our department in meetings
- Agility/Flexibility, i.e., work on multiple project initiatives (multiple platforms) and flexibility with work schedule
- Ability to initiate and lead implementation on business opportunities and process improvement
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements.
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems.
- Solve moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses.
- Problem solve Access Database issues and support maintenance and enhancement of the tool
- Provide explanations and information to others on difficult issues.
- Coach, provide feedback, and guide others.
- Act as a resource for others with less experience.
- Partner with applicable stakeholders to identify the operational impact of changes within defined solutions (e.g., changes to policies/processes/procedures, compliance with applicable legal/regulatory requirements, additional requirements)
- Seek opportunities to improve operating efficiencies/effectiveness (e.g., downstream impacts, role/responsibility realignment, enhanced business value)
- Support ongoing operations/maintenance/enhancement of existing solutions, in partnership with applicable stakeholders (e.g., IT, business owners/ partners, vendors)
- Ensure that all stakeholders are fully informed of new/updated solutions, and identify/escalate any issues communicated by stakeholders
- Support ongoing monitoring and adjustment of project scope/timelines/dependencies
- Develop and/or contribute to training programs to support implementation of the solution
- Ensure that identified solutions meet business requirements for all applicable stakeholders
- Identify and/or establish appropriate testing metrics/targets to validate that business requirements are being met (e.g., performance metrics, process deliverables, business value)
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- 1+ year of experience in business analysis or an equivalent field
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Excel (ability to create and edit spreadsheets, formulas, pivot tables)
- Previous experience working with Microsoft PowerPoint (ability to create and edit presentations) and Microsoft Access (abaility to create and edit databases)
- Experience creating presentations and developing messaging around business strategies
- Ability to work Mondays to Fridays, 8:30am - 5pm with occasional required overtime or weekends due to business need
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Sharepoint (ability to create and edit)
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Ability to work effectively with executive management and build strong relationships across a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent communication, time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly, see the big picture and translate details to higher level concepts
- Ability to understand an audience and tailor the message based on the audience
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Hooksett, NH, Analysis, Operations, Microsoft Access