To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10016
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Marketing Account Manager
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt • New York, NY
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Requisition ID: 9181
HMH is looking for a Marketing Account Manager. Marketing Account Management sits at the intersection of marketing strategy and creativity. Account people not only have to appreciate great creativity, they need to champion it. The "quarterbacks" of HMH’s in-house agency, Marketing Account Managers ensure that their campaign efforts are delivered on time and on budget, while creating innovative work that drives brand awareness, leads, and revenue for their account’s business.
- Participate in the account planning process to gain insight into account objectives, strategy, and plans. Knowledge of upcoming marketing campaigns and programs allows you to anticipate demands, project resource needs, and prioritize work
- Oversee project management efforts for your client’s campaigns: building out creative calendars, routing and reviewing efforts along the campaign, ensuring all efforts are on-track, discussing roadblocks, and presenting new work
- Develop creative briefs on par with agency and client/product marketing standards for all projects that have an existing campaign strategy
- Partner with the design, content marketing and digital marketing teams to deliver innovative, high quality work on strategy and within budget and timing parameters. Offer some copywriting and copyediting support for minor efforts, once messaging is finalized
- Ensure that all projects meet deadlines and creative expectations by coordinating collaboration across the agency’s teams from campaign conception (account planning) to copywriting and creative (Content Marketing and Design) and multimedia and sales presentation development teams
- Builds and maintains a solid relationship with product marketing clients to prioritize projects and make recommendations with the intent of building client business and/or meeting deadlines
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years of Account Management experience preferred
- 3+ years of Project Management experience required
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to create and maintain creative schedules.
- Strong time-management and project management skills: ability to multi-task, manage multiple timelines and work across functions
- High attention to detail
- Strong client-service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision making skills: find solutions quickly and with confidence
- Comfortable being a change agent to elevate the status quo
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint
- Workfront experience is a plus
- The ideal candidate has worked in a creative agency environment.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
ABOUT OUR TRADE DIVISION:
For nearly two centuries, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Trade Publishing has published some of the world’s most renowned novels, nonfiction, children’s books, and reference works. As part of a leading global learning company, it is uniquely positioned to create educational and entertaining content for multiple channels and in various formats, from hardcovers and paperbacks to e-books and mobile apps. Its distinguished author list includes eight Nobel Prize winners, forty-seven Pulitzer Prize winners, thirteen National Book Award winners, and more than one hundred Caldecott, Newbery, Printz, and Sibert Medal and Honor recipients. HMH publishes such distinguished authors as Philip Roth, Temple Grandin, Tim O'Brien, and Umberto Eco, and a celebrated roster of children’s authors and illustrators including Lois Lowry, Chris Van Allsburg, and David Wiesner. HMH is also home to The Best American series®; The American Heritage® and Webster’s New World® dictionaries; Betty Crocker®, Better Homes and Gardens®, How to Cook Everything®, The Gourmet Cookbook, and other leading culinary properties; the Peterson Field Guides®; CliffsNotes™; books by J.R.R. Tolkien; and many iconic children’s books and characters, including Curious George®, The Little Prince, and The Polar Express. For more information, visit http://www.hmhco.com/popular-reading.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world. For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.