To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Seasonal Tax Administrative Assistant
Vaco Staffing • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client, located in Indianapolis, is looking for a Seasonal Tax Administrative Assistant.
*This position requires full time employment from mid-August through mid-May with overtime in March and April.*
The purpose of this job is to support the tax department by processing returns after they have been prepared, checking them for errors, assembling them for filing, and maintaining records.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assemble returns according to requirements of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state revenue department
- Review return for proper order, correct attachments, correct mailing labels and envelopes
- Deliver returns to preparer or in-charge
- E-file return or process paper filing
- Process extensions
- Secure and return client source documents
- Proofread any materials typed in Tax Processing
- Assist with preparation and distribution of tax organizers
- Assist with preparation and distribution of Engagement Letters
- Process reports showing status of tax returns
- Assist with inventory and ordering of supplies
- Additional administrative backup as needed
This position requires a flexible team player with a meticulous attention to detail and experience working in a professional office environment. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and work well in a fast-paced environment are essential.
Keyboarding competency and an intermediate knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word and Excel are required.