To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS OPERATOR
Posted 12 days ago
Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operators are remote pilots of unmanned observation aircrafts, aka military drones, or UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) that gather intelligence used in operational tactics. Our drone operators are intelligence specialists; they are integral to providing Army personnel with information about enemy forces and battle areas.
- Conduct air reconnaissance, surveillance, targeting and acquisition missions
- Plan and analyze flight missions
- Perform preflight, in flight and postflight checks and procedures
- Launch and recover air frame from runway
- Perform maintenance on communications equipment, power sources, light/heavy wheeled vehicles and crane operations
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for an unmanned aircraft systems operator requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and over 23 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn on your way to becoming an elite drone pilot are:
- Performing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance simulation missions
- Preparing maps, charts and intelligence reports
- Analyzing aerial photographs
- Using computer systems
- Interest in remote/radio control vehicles
- Organize information and study its meaning
- Think and write clearly
- Attention to detail