To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Thomes Holguin
- Phone: (847) 621-5660
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
MAGNETIC INSPECTION LABORATORY, INC. • Chicago, IL
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Overview: Individuals in this position share a collaborative responsibility to accurately and efficiently enter and plan work orders as well as produce certification and shipping documentation for the work being performed at MIL.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Order Entry- 1st of 2 front-end data stages in which general information from the customer contract/PO is entered into MIL’s production software application.
- Perform initial contract and flow down review and input order basics such as PO#, part number, reference codes, quantity etc.
- Generate work order cover page, create container label(s) and complete receiving checklist.
Planning – 2nd of 2 front-end data stages in which processing requirements are qualified and inputted.
- Through a heightened level of contract and flow down review, verify that information needed for order planning is available and accurate.
- Identify, input and sequence specifications, processes and customer specific requirements.
- Qualify order lead-time and due date against quoted and archived information, MIL standards and customer requirements.
- Ensure MIL possesses applicable approvals towards specification and revision levels being called out.
- Interface with customers and across all levels of personnel to troubleshoot and/or qualify information necessary in assembling a work order.
Final Documentation – Generate post-processing documentation of which includes certification and shipping documentation.
- Review work order package for the inclusion and accuracy of all necessary information.
- Generate final certification in which processes performed are verified against applicable customer, industry standard and internal requirements.
- Generate shipping ticket and/or bill of lading based on customer’s shipping needs.
Customer Service- Provide hands-on, cross-functional support across various Customer Service, Administrative and project-based responsibilities.
Continuous Improvement: Take part in applicable on-going training sessions and continuous process improvement programs and participate in periodic testing and performance evaluations.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of MIL’s processing capabilities, general procedures and quality standards.
Must be detail oriented with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possess strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to complete work projects with speed and accuracy, often under pressure and/or short deadlines.
- PC literate with a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
Compensation: $18-$20/hr.+ dependent on qualifications & with opportunity for advancement.
As a permanent, full-time MIL employee, benefits include:
o Annual performance and compensation review, with eligibility for up to 2 annual bonuses
o MIL Inc. 401(k) plan with employer matching and profit sharing
o Premium health insurance as well as supplemental vision and dental insurance plans
o Company paid and supplemental life insurance and AD&D
o Company paid holidays and personal paid time-off accrual
o Please do not hesitate to ask for additional details on any of our benefits & policies
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Individual ideally has 2+ years of experience in a data entry, data analytics or contract review position, preferably in an aerospace, manufacturing or industrial setting.
- College degree preferred, must have a high school degree at a minimum.
- Hours: Approximately 7am-5 pm. Some overtime work will be required