To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Orleans, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Retail Sales Merchandiser-Central Region
Globalstar • New Orleans, LA
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Globalstar is hiring a Retail Sales Merchandiser-Central Region to join our team!
Outdoor / Sporting Goods - Retail Sales Merchandiser
SPOT, a satellite communication and tracking device, is seeking a highly motivated individual looking for an exciting career challenge to serve as a Retail Sales Merchandiser (RSM) serving the Central region. This is an ideal fit for a current retail store Lead, Assistant Manager or Manager looking to make a change out of the day to day grind of retail.
As a SPOT RSM you will travel your region to Merchandise, Train, and Motivate retail stores in an effort to increase SPOT awareness and sell SPOT devices at our channel partners such as REI, Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas, West Marine, Fry's, Sportsman's Warehouse and many other mass and specialty retailers in numerous verticals within the region.
You will also provide extensive retail in-store training and support; conduct POP placement and merchandising; represent the company at trade shows and other retail events as needed; as well as scout and qualify possible new retail partners and marketing opportunities as they arise
This position is best fit for a road warrior and will travel 50-75% of the time -or more- within their designated territory and wherever approved tradeshows may be. The RSM role requires excellent organizational and time management skills with an entrepreneurial get-it-done attitude to ensure departmental deadlines are met and objectives are achieved. They will need to work well with others within the department (as well as across the entire organization); excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential. This role will be called upon to manage multiple tasks and/or projects and the ability to effectively plan, manage time and prioritize is crucial.
The current territory for the Central consists of Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Kansas & Missouri. However a re-alignment may occur based upon business requirements. Preferred candidates will be based in Texas, however candidates from other states such as Colorado, Louisiana, and others within the region may be considered based upon experience.
Major Job duties are, but not limited to, the following:
- Train retail associates about SPOT products; Set schedule for training and store visits in designated territory; training visits will require extensive travel to customer sites.
- Maintain detailed records of events, detailing what occurred and successes and opportunities and present at a minimum on a weekly basis to the NSM.
- Recommend and support monthly/quarterly/annual marketing campaigns and communicate new opportunities to promote the SPOT brand with the retailers.
- Coordinate with NSM on development of POP and merchandising displays, based on needs in the stores and visual confirmation of other brands as well as requests from the retailers and customers.
- Maintain and promptly communicate competitive recon
- Promptly communicate critical sales and service issues of SPOT to the NSM to ensure SPOT is aware of any positive or negative impact to our customers.
- Provide feedback on product improvements suggested by retailer associates and customers.
- Recommend Trade shows and represent SPOT at trade shows, as needed.
- Provide and maintain a maximum level of customer satisfaction through professional oral and written communication skills.
- This individual must have relevant OUTDOOR industry retail store experience.
- Undergraduate degree preferred but applicable experience may be substituted.
- Excellent time management skills as well as "detail-oriented", ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to plan and succeed working remotely with little supervision to "own your region"
- Team-Player: Ability to work within a team environment and multiple personality and skillsets
- Moderate level of experience with basic computer programs (e.g. Microsoft Office suite)
SPOT, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Globalstar. Globalstar is a leading provider of mobile satellite voice and data services. Customers around the world in industries such as government, emergency management, marine, logging, oil & gas and outdoor recreation rely on Globalstar to conduct business smarter and faster, maintain peace of mind and access emergency personnel.
Globalstar/SPOT offers a competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, wellness program, 401K, stock options, employee stock purchase plan, life Insurance, accidental injury, long term disability, short-term disability, holiday pay, vacation and sick days.
Globalstar is an EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.