To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO
- Juan Carlos
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
WKS Restaurant Group • Denver, CO
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations (FOR NEBRASKA AREA)
POSITION STATUS: Exempt
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: 50 – 55 hrs per week / Nights, Weekends, & Holidays (Required)
This position is responsible for all elements of day-to-day operations of generally 4 – 10 units but not limited to. Above all, this key role is to monitor and improve customer satisfaction and profitability through efficient operations and to protect the health of customers through food safety and sanitation. The District Manager’s overall focus is to increase average unit volume of sales and control costs; and drive operations excellence. Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continually developing the leadership skills of the management teams to enable achievement of operational and financial goals of the company; by teaching, coaching, training, in conjunction with establishing measureable action plans.
- Holding all members of their management teams accountable for meeting operational goals and company standards, as these are critical areas to the long term success of the company.
- Continually recruiting, interviewing and selecting talented people from both internal and external sources to strengthen the overall quality of the District. Take responsibility for their future success with the company by continued development of management teams. Maintains accurate and complete paperwork relating to restaurant and personnel administrative requirements.
- Teaching management teams how to think, analyze, set goals, lead, communicate, set standards, hold staff accountable, and measure results against established goals and actions plans are omnipotent.
- Leading by example, motivating, and inspiring team by consistently challenging them to achieve higher levels of operational execution & take ownership and responsibility for all that happens within the 4 walls.
- Manage People Development and Succession Planning Process for management and assist with hourly employee’s process through coaching and training.
- In conjunction with the company’s vision and direction, develops restaurant operating plans supportive of company and market strategies which will achieve business growth (sales and profit) and guest satisfaction.
- Analyzes units staffing including future management needs, ensuring sufficient development and training of all employees.
- Exercises discretion in addressing changing demands of the business.
- Ensures execution of all menu rollouts throughout district and ensures that all menu items are prepared and served in accordance with Brand Standards.
- Ensures proper inventory levels for district, both food and nonfood items in accordance with company guidelines and ensures that unit management teams are using correct ordering procedures and efficient usage and yield application.
- Ensures guest satisfaction through directing operational execution of proper service in a clean and pleasant environment. Makes changes to the operation as necessary to ensure guest satisfaction. Enforces Brand Standards service requirements.
- Investigates customer feedback, coordinates response and provides guidance to management and employees to improve customer service.
- Responsible to maintain and uphold all Brand’s Corporate Brand Standards, Recipe standards and best practices in our restaurants.
- Responsible to maintain and uphold compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations in our restaurants.
- Ensures that proper management procedures and practices for the facility and equipment are adhered to through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and that safety and sanitation requirements are met. Meets all food safety standards.
- Embodies, promotes and teaches WKS values and policies at all times in all aspects of restaurant operations.
- Manages controllable expenses focusing on labor standard, cash, R & M, food costs, and other operating expenses. Analyzes financial reports and develops and implements plans for areas needing improvement.
- Maintains awareness of local market trends, competitive stance and opportunities. Selects and implements appropriate local restaurant marketing programs, with assistance and guidance from upper management and field support representatives.
- Creates and maintains a positive work environment, ensuring open communications. Communicates employee relations issues or problems to upper management and People Services. Administers disciplinary process according to established procedures.
- Demonstrates commitment to a high level of service and hospitality. Responds to concerns and complaints in a professional and non-defensive manner.
- Influences supervisors, subordinates and peers effectively. Manages disagreements and conflicts in an open, constructive and timely manner.
- High level of flexibility is required.
HOSPITALITY & GUEST SERVICE SKILLS
All company employees are expected to provide customer service that is extra ordinary and exceeds the expectations of our guests. Employees are required to follow established policies and guidelines that go beyond simply smiling, greeting, and being nice to guests. Going above and beyond encompasses attitudes, respect, and flexibility. Company employees are expected to have a positive “can-do” attitude; to treat others with respect; and easily adjust to changes in the workplace.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Strong knowledge of restaurant’s operations. Ability to successfully provide day to day results. Ability to evaluate and positively impact the environment. Ability to provide on-the-job training for others. Adequate presentation skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible for between 4 - 10 subordinates. This number will be determined by restaurant volume.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's Degree and 5-7 years of management experience. Four year college degree preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong computer skills are required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business literature. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work 50 – 55 hours per week; stand talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk and hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FOR THE NEBRASKA AREA - WILLING TO RELOCATE