To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Thomes Holguin
- Phone: (847) 437-4488
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Shot Peen Operator
MAGNETIC INSPECTION LABORATORY, INC. • Chicago, IL
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Overview: Individuals in this position are responsible for the accurate and efficient production of product requiring shot peen in accordance with specifications and controls as established by MIL.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Product Inspection – Both incoming and final inspections of customer owned material
- Perform initial visual inspection for damage and general condition per specification.
- Perform post-process inspection for conformance to specification and part drawings, including simple dimensional inspections, visual inspections (unaided and magnified).
Masking – Both hard mask and temporary masking installation and removal.
- Verify, inspect, and install hard masking per part drawings and specifications.
- Install supplemental temporary masking as needed per drawings and specifications.
- Remove hard masking post-process, identify issues/repairs required.
- Remove supplemental masking post-process and clean affected areas per specification.
Machine Operation – Operate automated shot peen equipment per process instructions.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance.
- Accurately input data to controller per established procedure.
- Load, process, and unload product via established methods.
- Maintain machine operational records.
- Maintain production process records.
- Maintain area per established 6S standards.
Continuous Improvement: Take part in applicable on-going training sessions, continuous process improvement activities, and participate in periodic testing and performance evaluations.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ability to complete work projects with speed and accuracy, often under pressure and/or short deadlines.
- Able to continuously demonstrate safe work practices.
- Experience using basic measurement tools (calipers, Go/No-go gauges) a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints a plus.
- Computer literacy a plus.
Compensation: $15-$20/hr. + dependent on qualifications & with opportunity for advancement.
As a permanent, full-time MIL employee, benefits include:
o Annual performance and compensation review, with eligibility for up to 2 annual bonuses
o MIL Inc. 401(k) plan with employer matching and profit sharing
o Premium health insurance as well as supplemental vision and dental insurance plans
o Company paid and supplemental life insurance and AD&D
o Company paid holidays and personal paid time-off accrual
o Please do not hesitate to ask for additional details on any of our benefits & policies
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Individual ideally has 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing or job shop environment, preferably in aerospace.
- High school diploma
- Read and Write English
- US Citizenship
- Able to pass basic vision and color blindness testing
- Hours: Approximately 7am-430pm. Some overtime work is available and may be required.