To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2733 Southwest 27th Avenue
Miami, FL 33133
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Outside Sales Representative
Shell Lumber & Hardware Company • Miami, FL
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Outside Sales Representative
Contract Sales Supervisor
POSITION PROFILE (Job Summary)
The Outisde Sales Associate is responsible for all sales activities that range from lead generation to closing the sale. This position is responsible for new business development new profitable business, developing long range strategy and projections for acquiring new business opportunities. This position works on a fluctuating workweek (variable workweek) with paid commissions.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction through proactive sales service.
● Executes the established business plan by identifying and developing new, profitable business and maintaining and servicing existing accounts.
● Daily interaction, via personal visits (if warranted) and phone calls, with current and potential accounts to develop relationships and provide excellent customer service at all times.
● Establish cold-calling and quote follow-up KPI’s with existing, prospects and potential customers to build relationships and increase business and overall quote volume.
● Participates in contract negotiations and quote process with current and potential accounts.
● Report and provide analysis of quote results including monthly snapshots of gross quotes, retention ratio, and category statistics.
● Increase quote opportunities using a prescribed quote follow-up process with the objective of maintaining existing business and securing and growing new profitable cargo volume.
● Understand and comply with all administrative policies representing Shell Lumber in a professional manner consistent with all rules and regulations affecting the company’s service and operations.
● Act as a clearinghouse of information from internal operations and outside vendors to pricing plus cost estimates and tracking for Shell Lumber yield performance on project services.
● Must be familiar with Shell Lumber’s internal sales processes and guidelines.
● Performs any other duties as assigned.
Performs other duties as assigned
● Assists in any other duties as assigned.
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Most work requires normal physical effort.
Requires extensive use of personal computer (word processing and spreadsheets) for compiling reports and statistical data, composing memoranda and other similar documents.
COMPETENCIES (to be added at a later date)
● Associates degree in related field preferred but not required.
● Three-plus years overall in sales experience with business analyst role in a complex business environment, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Ability to demonstrate exemplary customer service skills and build relationships with both internal and external personnel. Foster a positive work environment.
● Exhibited independent judgment and analytical skills by making sound, justifiable decisions and taking action in solving problems.
● Must be self-motivated, with ability to follow through on assigned tasks with limited supervision.
● Demonstrated success in effectively communicating with all levels of business leaders and must have a verifiable track record of relationship building with both internal and external customers.
● Demonstrated effective written communication and proven ability to understand, interpret, and write about sales and business related information; and demonstrated excellent oral communication skills by clearly presenting information through the spoken word in positive and negative circumstances.
● Demonstrated success in leading, influencing and managing in a team environment.
● Professional attitude and appearance.
● Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).