To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Salt Lake City, UT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
The River Group Inc. • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position: Operations Specialist
Location: Salt Lake City, UT (Area)
Compensation: Base plus Bonus (Commensurate with Experience)
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
The Operations Specialist will be responsible for Process Engineering as well as leading Plant operations for Operational Processes and Site Boiler Operations. This position will be the Technical Expert and provide front-line leadership and process engineering support for the manufacturing plant as well as the boiler and utility operations. General duties include safe operations and oversight of quality in the manufacturing and boiler plants, development and implementation of plant operator training, the maintenance of daily statistics including Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), assisting the Ops Manager in leadership development, introduction of and/or adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Management of Change (MOC), and plant oversight duties related to general supervisory functions.
- Calculates heat and mass balances of plant processes.
- Works in conjunction with operations and engineering to maintain the MOC process.
- Performs fluid mechanics calculations to size new pumps and piping and to evaluate existing systems for problem solving and optimization.
- Conducts plant and lab tests to measure the impact of process changes on plant performance. Assess analysis and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Troubleshoots chemistry and material handling problems, and identifies solutions.
- Identifies opportunities to improve plant efficiencies and prepares Capital Acquisition Requests (CAR’s) with the appropriate supportive documentation
- Regularly monitors plant operations to assure safety, environmental compliance, quality and cost controls meet expectations.
- Supports KPI development, measurements, communication, and continuous improvement utilizing Compass Continuous Improvement Process tools
- Serves as the Manufacturing and Boiler Plant Safety resource ensuring continuity in meeting ongoing EHS&S objectives.
- Provide leadership and support for operational improvement projects, including the development of a technical improvement plan.
- Supports development of training programs and the training of plant operators.
- Modifies, develops and implements SOP’s with support from Site training resources.
- Maintains daily KPI’s, operating instructions and other efficiency stats for plant operations.
- Determines and maintains proper staffing levels. Insures adequate training, evaluation and retention of employees are provided.
- Evaluates production capacity deficits and recommends and/or leads efforts to close those gaps.
- Implements necessary policies and procedures to safely meet or exceed daily and monthly SOIP objectives.
- Responsible for continuously improving Manufacturing and Boiler Plant performance in safety, environmental compliance, yield, capacity, uptime, and quality.
- Leads the organization forward in achieving the operations budget, and assists Ops Manager in setting that budget.
- Lead a team of operators in High Performance characteristics.
- Assurance of Safe plant operations and environmental compliance.
- Develop and report on critical control parameters including plant throughput and plant inputs and outputs.
- KPI’s and other critical operating information/statistics meet established deadlines.
- Plant operators are trained and tested for comprehension in advance of assignment into an operating area.
- Assures that material and energy balance reporting is developed and reported as required.
- Operating procedures are well understood and deployed with consistency across shifts.
- Achievement of Plant Operations Budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical) preferred, other degrees will be considered with relevant experience.
- Demonstrated problem solving success in an industrial environment.
- Five plus years of supervisory/leadership experience in a heavy industrial setting.
- Five plus years of technical experience in a heavy industrial setting.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing, SPC and/or Six Sigma preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an industrial setting.
- Computer Skills: PC proficient and possess the ability to quickly master skills required to function with expertise in mainframe functions. Must be proficient in Windows XP, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc...
About The River Group
Resumes presented to The River Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
After your resume is submitted to the company you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers and managing the negotiations