To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6977 Main Street
Houston, TX 77030
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Bilingual Health Unit Coordinator II
Shriners Hospitals For Children • Houston, TX
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Health Unit Coordinator for the Revenue Cycle department, verifies the eligibility and availability of a patient’s insurance status with insurance companies to ensure proper coverage and payment for services, and conducts financial assessments to determine eligibility for external resources. This role works with other Revenue Cycle team members to coordinate patient scheduling. This position does provide coverage to other areas within the department when required.
2 years Administrative/Clerical experience required
1 years of Patient access experience in pediatric hospital setting preferred
Bilingual in English-Spanish required
High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrate acumen for scheduling and EMR applications.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Must have sound organizational skills and be able to work effectively in a busy healthcare environment with shifting needs and priorities.
- Must be able to work in a multi-disciplinary team-based environment, or alone, with minimal supervision.